585,729 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Doosan Lynx Tool Probe Question?

Doosan Lynx Tool Probe Question?

Hello,

I would like to use the tool setter on our lathe (Lynx 220L) to set two different offsets for a U-Drill. One offset (T0505) for drilling and (T0515) for boring. The problem is when I lower the tool setter, the highlighted tool on the offset geometry page is locked to the "in position" tool. I want to touch off this drill (which is in position 5 on the turret) and have the offsets go into offset 15 in the control.

Any ideas? I know how to do it manually, would be nice to have it come straight from the tool setter though!

Thanks

There is a Fanuc parameter (I believe it is 5005 bit 5) that specifies whether or not the offset number is automatically selected when you lower the q-setter. Turning off the auto select can lead to inadvertent overwriting of offsets, and can cause a problem or crash.

I suggest you set the X diameter first, then manually enter that into the "other" offset register. Then change the X to 0 and measure the Z.

You are much safer to do it manually because as the other reply suggests you can turn the lock off but this can cause more harm than good.

Colton:

I will look up the parameter setting, but to answer your question, YES, you can have the offset tables "unlocked" when the Tool Setter is in use. BEWARE that if you make this change you must be VERY careful about what offset goes where, as the CNC will not be automatically pointed at the correct tool station.