585,886 active members*
6,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 51 of 91 41495051525361
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1805
    I bought stuff from Automation Technology Inc when they were Keling I was treated right and the stuff worked as advertised.

Infoshine15 is the seller I bought my VFD and spindle from. No problems, and quick to ship. I placed the order on a saturday, and the package was shipped on the following tuesday.

The VFD has a speed control knob too.

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Ok, I now have another spindle on order, this one's from Infoshine15 !
    I had a tracking number 30 minutes after placing the order, so far I'm confident this one will be good!

Now, I have ALL the electronics working smoothly, everything in Mach3 setup correctly! Now I've been told by PMDX that I need a MACRO's to trigger the relay's on the BoB, so the yellow & blue LED's light up!

Can anyone help me with this? I now have a 2nd printer port to use, so there's no shortage of pins!

The 1st Macro needs t0 trigger the K2 relay on port #2, Pin #14. This turns on Yellow LED when the g-code is paused in Mack3!

The 2nd Macro needs to trigger the K1 relay on Port #1, Pin #1, This turns on the blue LED & buzzer, when the machine has stopped for a tool change.

Widgit

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

What are the Output numbers that you have those pins assigned to?

I believe that a Brain is a better choice for the Pause Output.

The 2nd one needs to be in your M6Start macro.

Let me know the Output #'s and I'll get you something.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    What are the Output numbers that you have those pins assigned to?

I believe that a Brain is a better choice for the Pause Output.

The 2nd one needs to be in your M6Start macro.

Let me know the Output #'s and I'll get you something.
    The Yellow LED was installed from the beginning of the build, so not hooking it up makes the machine look broken

Sorry, I do not know which output numbers to use either!
    Its a PMDX-126 BoB
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

You need to assign the pins to outputs.
    Go to Ports and Pins, Output pins, and assign them to Output #'s.
    Then tell me what output #'s you used.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You need to assign the pins to outputs.
    Go to Ports and Pins, Output pins, and assign them to Output #'s.
    Then tell me what output #'s you used.
    Thanks so much Gerry!

K1, Port-1, Pin-1, Output#1
    K2, Port-2, Pin-14, Output#2

Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

OK, I killed two birds with one stone.

Unzip the file to Mach3\Brains.

Start Mach3.
    Go to Operator > Brain Control. Select Widgit_LEDs and check the enable box. If it's not listed, click Reload All Brains.
    Close and restart Mach3, and your LED's should work.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

WOW !!

OK, I killed two birds with one stone.

Unzip the file to Mach3\Brains.

Start Mach3.
    Go to Operator > Brain Control. Select Widgit_LEDs and check the enable box. If it's not listed, click Reload All Brains.
    Close and restart Mach3, and your LED's should work.
    Thanks so much Gerry!
    The procedure & macro's work like a charm! :banana:
    Now I guess I'll have to wait on the spindle, or go get some MDF for the spoil boards!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Last night I finished upgrading the electrical diagram for the Monster, it may not be industry standard, but it clearly indicates all the components and their connections! I have made it available in AutoCAD-2000 .DXF format, for those who want a look! The plot file is 36" x 48"
    Widgit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9x5_Router_2156.jpg  

Well, the spindle should be here soon! It's raining again, so I cant get the MDF sheets for the spoil board! But I have finished the VCarve Pro file for my 1st project!

I have always wanted to cut a really large Aztec Mayan calendar, so here's what I came up with! It's cut from a 48" x 48" x 3/4" sheet of MDF!
    Now wood working is definitely NOT my strong point, but I think I can spray or paint the top surface with urethane prior to cutting. Then possibly put a dark stain on the cut surfaces, leaving the top un-stained! Or will it bleed under?

I tried to upload the 13-MB zipped VCarve Pro file, but it must be too large for the Zone to handle!

The 1st tool is a 1/4" drill, pecks 4x holes in the corners.
    The 2nd tool is a 3/32" 2-flute endmill, cuts the wide areas .375" deep.
    The 3rd tool is a 5/8" diam 90 deg 2-flute V-Bit, finishes all the calendar details.
    The 4th tool is a 1/4" 2-flute endmill, cuts the perimeter, leaving 12x thin tabs.
    www.widgitmaster.com

Widgit

I don't have much experience with hobby grade finish but in the woodshop we will normally cut the piece, spray the whole thing with acrylic lacquer sealer, then spray tinted lacquer on the whole thing, then sand off the top removing all the lacquer from the uncut parts. Then we can finish the whole thing in clear lacquer as required.

If you seal it and then cut it, the stain will soak under your urethane and make it look like crap. This is especially so with intricate designs like yours.

It would be a good idea to do some small tests before you ruin a couple days worth of work

Matt

Widgit;
    You have my plotter. Where in the heck to you find ink cartridges for it? I bought a bunch off of fleabay and most are dried out. I'm almost to the point of getting rid of the 750C and replacing it with a newer model. Unfortunately, I only use it for hobby so it's almost a waste of money but they sure are nice to have!
    Regarding the Aztec, give carve1 a shout. He is the forum guru when it comes to finishing off mdf!
    Looking forward to watching your machine dance!
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Thanks Matt! That's what I expected, and I like the idea of sanding the top afterwards!

Bill, I get them from Staple's office supply, order online or at stores!
    I bought it on eBay, then I had it serviced and its been problem free! The service was $75, the guy took it all apart and cleaned everything then replaced some old rubber parts too!

You can clean the jet ends of the cartridges, by banging them on the table until the clotted ink breaks loose. I do it on a bunch of tissues!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

I usually cut the V-toolpath at a Z-level that is 0,5-1mm below the top of the material, and them plane it after painting. Wood thickness is so inconsistent, and that way the V-toolpath ends up being even across the surface, plus the amount of wood I take off is too much for paint to bleed through.

Quote Originally Posted by tahustvedt View Post
    I usually cut the V-toolpath at a Z-level that is 0,5-1mm below the top of the material, and them plane it after painting. Wood thickness is so inconsistent, and that way the V-toolpath ends up being even across the surface, plus the amount of wood I take off is too much for paint to bleed through.
    I'll be impressed if you have a planer 48" wide and even more so if you run MDF through it!

You could put it back on the machine after painting and surface it to achieve the same effect though.

By plane I meant with a large bit in the router. I'd love to see a video of the monster skimming the surface at 1000 IPM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Widgit;
    You have my plotter. Where in the heck to you find ink cartridges for it? I bought a bunch off of fleabay and most are dried out. I'm almost to the point of getting rid of the 750C and replacing it with a newer model. Unfortunately, I only use it for hobby so it's almost a waste of money but they sure are nice to have!
    Regarding the Aztec, give carve1 a shout. He is the forum guru when it comes to finishing off mdf!
    Looking forward to watching your machine dance!
    Bill
    Anything you do with MDF on the surface (surface planing or sanding) will make the surface rougher than it comes from the factory because the surface is rolled or compressed and the fibers are laying flat. I apply a moderately heavy coat of clear satin polyurethane using a foam brush.and wait overnight or however long it takes to harden. Colder climates may take two days. Florida climates may take 2 hours in the sun. The first coat is sucked into the fibers quickly and takes longer to cure. Then I apply two or three more coats until the surface is well sealed. Letting the first coat fully cure minimizes how much of the second coat sucks in. You'll use a lot of rattle cans spraying it on and not waiting for each coat to fully dry. Cut the calendar only when the poly is fully hardened. The liquid stains WILL travel under the poly layer as mentioned, but what I do differently is to use gel stain, which does not soak into the MDF or porous woods like the red oak I use a lot also. I dab the gel stain into the cuts with a cheap 1" chip brush and don't worry too much about staying in the cuts. Cleanup is done with folded paper towels with a small amount of paint thinner on it. (Not wet, just slightly damp) The paint thinner does not dissolve the poly while picking up the excess gel stain from the poly coated surface. Just wipe the flat areas clean. It takes a little practice but you'll get good results. When doing large projects like a 48" calendar do a section and clean it, then do another section, until completed. Start in the middle and work outward so you don't get the gel stain all over your arms.

James McGrew Woodworking in Columbia, SC has a 48" Aztec Sun Stone calendar on the shop wall. He made it on his big Camaster CNC machine.

I recently completed a small MDF project where I painted the MDF with gloss black poly, then cut a Vcarved impossible object from a drawing I found. I colored the shallow lines with neon green acrylic artist paint and used water on folded paper towel instead of paint thinner. Water clean-up is compatible with the acrylic paint and the poly or MDF wasn't affected at all. Same technique as with gel coat clean-up but using the appropriate solvent for the acrylic.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    Widgit

I don't have much experience with hobby grade finish but in the woodshop we will normally cut the piece, spray the whole thing with acrylic lacquer sealer, then spray tinted lacquer on the whole thing, then sand off the top removing all the lacquer from the uncut parts. Then we can finish the whole thing in clear lacquer as required.

If you seal it and then cut it, the stain will soak under your urethane and make it look like crap. This is especially so with intricate designs like yours.

It would be a good idea to do some small tests before you ruin a couple days worth of work

Matt
    My latest red oak Celtic weave Paradise box project was cut into bare wood, sanded, stained with MinWax Early American liquid stain, then sprayed three coats with clear satin polyurethane from rattle cans. Now that it has been glued together I'll add some Java gel stain in specific areas of the weave and top panel and then wipe most of it off, which leaves an aged effect.. The fourth coat of spray poly will seal it. The gel stain seems compatible with the poly and I have seen no tendency to flake off with age, as it's trapped under the final coat of poly. I'll post photos tomorrow.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

The seller issued you a full refund

Good news! We let the seller know the item wasn't as described, and the seller issued you a full refund. This case is now closed.

Refund information:
    A full refund of $196.50 was issued on Mar 27, 2014. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping and was issued to the same payment method you used to pay for the item.

Now I just wait for the new one to arrive from China!
    Widgit

Page 51 of 91 41495051525361