585,760 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 81 of 91 31717980818283
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Widget;
    Do you have any information on using air cylinders for counter balance? I'm rebuilding an old RF45 and want to install air counter instead of shocks or springs. Any information will be appreciated.
    How is the limb coming along and did you get the new HD?
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Widget;
    Do you have any information on using air cylinders for counter balance? I'm rebuilding an old RF45 and want to install air counter instead of shocks or springs. Any information will be appreciated.
    How is the limb coming along and did you get the new HD?
    Bill

Hi Bill!
    Because the application has so many variables, you need to make a list of basic requirements!
    Such as: Max Diameter & Length of Cylinder, Stroke Length, Weight of slide mechanism, PSI available.......
    Then go to McMaster-Carr, as their product details are phenomenal, and you can find the exact cylinder to fit !
    You will also need a little push-pull regulator with gauges, so you can set the exact pressure to achieve equilibrium (enough to lift it 50% of travel), then lock the regulator!
    1/8" PVC tubing and Push-Connectors with #10-32 threads are best! Don't forget to put a muffler / filter on the exhaust port of the cylinder, this will keep debris out of the bore!

Hope this helps !
    Widgit

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Thanks again Mike!
    Using the Spring info, I was able to calculate the best springs for the 10" of travel for the weight of my Z-Axis assembly!

Today I ran off a plaque to test the repeat ability & dependability of the Z-Axis! Everything is working nicely
    I made a nice plaque out of a large blanket (chair)
    Widgit
    I think you got the Z sorted out... great job!

Thanks Louie!

My friend stayed up all night painting this, and it looks awesome !
    Can't wait to see it after the Clear Coating
    Attached Files Attached Files

I love it and know a Vet or two that would like one!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Thanks Bubba!
    I have added the source code for the plaque!

Here's another one for the Motorheads!

It's amazing what a little Varnish will do!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2155.jpg  

My Friend has done an outstanding job painting this one, it's 18" diameter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US RMY Seal.JPG  

My Friend has done an outstanding job painting this one, it's 18" diameter!
    I totally agree that is an outstanding job, but only because the TEAM each did his part.
    It it Beautiful!
    Art

Thanks Bubba!
    we plan on making one for all branches of the Military, so we can show them off

Another one for the 2nd Amendment!

The Marines have landed !

I found this image, and carved up a plaque for my friend, When I dropped it off at his home, there were 5 other plaques for him to paint!
    He had this one finished my Midnight!

BTW

Did you know "Rosie the Riveter" the WWII icon, died today! She was 93
    When I was in a trade school up north, her poster's were everywhere in the building!
    Also, the "Turner's Cubes" were competency tests used to advance factory workers to the next pay & skill level during WWII
    Most workers were women and older men, as the rest were drafted into active duty!

Your painter gets a gold star!

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

You keep on keeping on! You guys are a regular assembly line and quality continues to be outstanding!
    Art

Here's another one for our Marines!
    This was made for a Disabled Veteran with severe visual & motion disabilities!
    I hope this cheers him up!

Here's another one for our Marines!
    This was made for a Disabled Veteran with severe visual & motion disabilities!
    I hope this cheers him up!
    This will be awesome...

Thanks Louie!,
    The Marine's face lit up when he saw it!

I hope you all enjoy making this one, it makes everyone smile!

It'll probably make Ol' Bubba smile too

Source code: VCarve Pro format.

Sure it made me smile, but I don't think your my type!
    But it still the quality that I have come to expect from your team.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Sure it made me smile, but I don't think your my type!
    But it still the quality that I have come to expect from your team.
    Couldn't agree more my friend! It's a presentation of a new product, not an offer

Going back to your build.
    I was looking at your wire Schematic and you have only 3 wires on the VFD to PMDX-107, is that right? Some wiring Schematic have 5 wires.
    I have the same setup as you. Also your wire diagram doesn't show the wire gauges. I was looking for the right wires to use.

Page 81 of 91 31717980818283