584,805 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 86 of 91 36768485868788
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Apparently, this thread has been broken for several months. Thanks to Carveone for pointing it out, as it now appears to be fixed.

Eric, your PM inbox is full.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    Thank you Gerry, for having this issue taken care of. It is much appreciated.

CarveOne
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    Thank you Gerry, for having this issue taken care of. It is much appreciated.

CarveOne

Oh Man!
    Thank you! I tried sending in a Trouble Ticket, but it was a waste of time!
    I'm happy this thread is back up and running, Thanks CarveOne & ger21;2318970 !
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

I'm happy to say that Big Red is still running smoothly, despite constant problems with Microsoft Windows 7 :devious:
    My research has found a DSP, Digital Signal Processor, that replaces many of the circuit boards & the entire PC from the CNC for $340.00

All programming is still done on my Laptop, then copied to a USB stick. Then inserted into the DSP which is a pendant on the end of a long cord. The other advantage is resuming an interrupted program, from exactly where it stopped!

The re-wiring of Big Red is a large project, so I'll have to plan for it!

Widget,
    Good luck on the updatiing and hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Great to see you back in action and hope you document the proceedings in your usual fina manner.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

It's great to see you back in this thread Widgitmaster!!

I got worried about you over the summer months and finally and asked Gerry if he could help get this fixed. I tried to contact you via PM and found that it was full. I hope all is as well as it can be since your accident. I hang out in the The Vectric Ltd User Forums mostly, but come back here to browse once in a while. That's where all of my own completed projects are shown.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Bought it from McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/9936K65

Length, ft.
    Other

Each
    Delivers Friday
    1-99 Ft. $5.55
    100 or more $4.67

9936K65

1 each ordered on January 29, 2017 0128EARNOLD.

Shielding Shielded
    Shield Type Braid
    Wire
    Type Stranded
    Material Bare Copper
    Flexibility Flexible
    Wire Gauge 16
    Number of Wires 3
    Cable AWG 16/3
    OD 0.38"
    Current 18 A @ 86° F
    Voltage 600V AC
    Temperature Range 45° to 190° F
    Wire Marking Numbered
    Specifications Met UL Recognized; UL Flame Rated VW-1; CSA Certified
    Use For Automation, Interference Shielding
    Inner Insulation Material PVC
    Inner Insulation Color Black, Green/Yellow
    Outer Insulation Material PVC
    Outer Insulation Color Gray
    RoHS Compliant
    The braid shielding in this cable prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) to minimize signal distortion. Control conveyors, CNC machines,and other types of automated equipment that requires cable to periodically bend and flex. The insulation resists oil.

Length, ft.
    Other

Each
    Delivers Friday
    1-99 Ft. $5.55
    100 or more $4.67

9936K65

Shielding Shielded
    Shield Type Braid
    Wire
    Type Stranded
    Material Bare Copper
    Flexibility Flexible
    Wire Gauge 16
    Number of Wires 3
    Cable AWG 16/3
    OD 0.38"
    Current 18 A @ 86° F
    Voltage 600V AC
    Temperature Range 45° to 190° F
    Wire Marking Numbered
    Specifications Met UL Recognized; UL Flame Rated VW-1; CSA Certified
    Use For Automation, Interference Shielding
    Inner Insulation Material PVC
    Inner Insulation Color Black, Green/Yellow
    Outer Insulation Material PVC
    Outer Insulation Color Gray
    RoHS Compliant
    The braid shielding in this cable prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) to minimize signal distortion. Control conveyors, CNC machines,and other types of automated equipment that requires cable to periodically bend and flex. The insulation resists oil.

Not sure where you would of used this cable as it is only 3 wire you need a 4 wire cable for your spindle, and this is also expensive cable compared to the cable I recommend for VFD Drive to Spindle IGUS CF6-15-04 at $2-34 /Ft from Automation Direct and from IGUS $2-65 / Ft
    Mactec54

Nice

I've been working on a big project, now that it's finished, I can upload some images!

1st I ripped some yellow pine 2" x 12"in to 2" wide strips. Then I used a biscuit cutter to put 4x evenly spaced biscuits about 1/4" from the bottom. Glued & Clamped everything together.
    The resulting panel was 48" x 25" x 1 1/2"
    Next I drilled & countersunk for a flat head wood screw in the corners, this allowed me to shim the panel so it sat flat on the table! Then I took a light cut on the bottom surface to make it all flat.
    Then I flipped it over, countersunk the holes again, and established my X & Y zeros.

The entire carve took 3 hours!

Then I spent 32 hours hand painting it!
    Needless to say, the American Legion post was pleased!

I'm a member of the Legion Riders, and this is one of many posts we visit in the state!

PS: It's nice to be able to post on this thread again
    www.widgitmaster.com

Welcome back and happy to see your works again. It may have taken a great deal of time to make, but the results are well worth it.
    Beautiful piece.
    Art

Excellent job sir, and a nice tribute to them.

I have been considering doing something new for American Legion Post 38 soon. As a member I have made a meeting room sign dedicating a new name for the room in honor of the founding member of that Post, and built a US Flag Drop Box for them with welded sheet steel. Both were designed in Aspire software, but the 3/32" sheet steel was cut by hand. These CNC machines have plenty of good uses for charitable purposes.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Its good to be back on the Zone!

I've made another American Legion plaque, it took two hours to carve and 3-days to paint !

Never realized how relaxing it is to paint, it's very therapeutic for my P.T.S.D. !

The 3x power magnifier helps a lot too!

Impeccable as always. I enjoy seeing your workmanship and the results.
    Art

Can anyone tell me if Mach3 will run on Windows 10?

Well, Big Red has died!
    Windows 7 cant be registered online, and its misbehaving so badly it cant run a long program!

My research shows the cost of a DSP Pendant for CNC will cost the same as a New bare-boned PC with Windows 10.
    The new PC is the easiest path, as the DSP requires a lot of re-wiring!

Widget,
    Sorry to hear about the problems, but can't help you on either Mach or Windows! Good luck with whatever you come up with.
    Art

On Veterans Day, I ran across a plaque with an outstanding quote on it!
    So I decided to make a little plaque out of an 18" diameter panel!
    Big Red has become incredibly difficult to use; consequently, this will be the last plaque until I FIX Big Red!

Happy Veterans Day to all !
    www.widgitmaster.com

Re: Can anyone tell me if Mach3 will run on Windows 10?

Well, Big Red has died!
    Windows 7 cant be registered online, and its misbehaving so badly it cant run a long program!

My research shows the cost of a DSP Pendant for CNC will cost the same as a New bare-boned PC with Windows 10.
    The new PC is the easiest path, as the DSP requires a lot of re-wiring!

I run Windows 10 pro with both Mach3 and Mach4. I use a ethernet smoothstepper for control. Can't remember if you do or not. I don't think parallel port will work under windows 10.
    Colten Edwards http://www.cncsigns.ca

Re: Can anyone tell me if Mach3 will run on Windows 10?

Yes, Windows 10 supports parallel ports.

There was a problem with the Windows 10 parallel port driver. I searched for "Windows 10 + parallel port support" and found a bunch of stuff about it, including this:

https://www.startech.com/faq/paralle...printing_issue

You need to update the driver.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Just because Windows 10 supports parallel ports doesn't mean it will work with Mach.
    A quick search shows that Mach on Windows 10 either doesn't work with the parallel port, or is enough trouble that it isn't worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Just because Windows 10 supports parallel ports doesn't mean it will work with Mach.
    A quick search shows that Mach on Windows 10 either doesn't work with the parallel port, or is enough trouble that it isn't worth it..
    I Agree!
    The problem I have found is that Windows 10 doesn't give a Hexadecimal address for the parallel ports, and that's what is required by Mach3!
    The Dual Parallel Port card from PMDX installed easily, showing no problems with the drivers!
    I have also read in several places that all the upgrades must be rolled back, but I've yet to figure out how that's done!
    So I just wasted $330 on a bare-bones PC that has Win-10

MICROSOFT SUCKS! And that statement is more popular than Windows!
    www.widgitmaster.com

My two CNC machines will run Windows 7 and Mach3 until I stop using them permanently. They are not networked to my home computer that runs Windows 7. I use a thumb drive and "sneaker net" for file transfers.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

It's been a long time sense my last post on this thread, I was in a horrific motorcycle accident and unable to use my PC at home!
    My left foot was severely damaged, and I have a titanium pin in my left ankle!

The incident was not my fault, as I was sitting a red light! There was a car across the street waiting to make a left turn, then a vehicle drove up behind the waiting vehicle, and passed it at high speed making an illegal left turn! Just as my light turned Green, the idiot T-Boned me and totaled my bike! My steel toe work boot was trapped by the roll bar, and something which penetrated the heal of my boot! When I was thrown off the bike, my left foot was ripped out of my boot with enormous force, such that there was no blood in the boot, and the laces were still tied!
    The other driver received a ticket for illegal left turn! No helmet, and a dozen stitches on my forehead!
    My left foot has a lot of necrotic tissue where it was ripped, the trauma team was amazing as they were able to save my foot! In time the tissue will fall off, and I will require some skin grafting! But it will be a long time before I can walk on it again!

I'm home now, and my life has changed greatly! I hope & pray that I will once again be able to run Big Red, and finish the other projects on my bench!

OMG !

PLEASE LOOK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCLES, there are people on them!
    Just read some (most all) of your posts on this thread as it's been a long time since I read those on the mini and midi builds you built many years ago...….. I have to say you are one hell of a lucky son of a gun...….metaphorically of course.

I rode bikes....Triumph...... in the early 70's in UK....had a real near miss and on wife's advice gave up the bikes and went to cars......family and life meant more than excitement on 2 wheels.

Looking at your injuries now makes me realise that your body will one day forget the pain, but the mind never does...…….all of the very best for the coming years.

BTW....I hope you are taking exceptionally great care working with wood.....all woods are carcengenic.....the dust will make short work of you lungs...…...my late brother passed away 3 years ago now from emphysema attributed to smoking but I think mostly from unprotected wood dust inhalation...……...that's one way you don't want to go.
    Ian.

Page 86 of 91 36768485868788