585,749 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 73 of 91 2363717273747583
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Nice Job Wdigit (as usual)!
    I'm working on a small sign for a bike club out of Charleston and using a 18" round table top from the big box store! I think you have used them in the past for some of your projects. I have painted the blank and will v-carve into it and fill the valleys. Have you ever used the plastic masking I've seen used in some of the sign shops to cut through to allow painting of the carved areas while masking the rest of the blank surface?
    I'm trying to find the least difficult approach to sign making which is not my area of expertise! Don't think I have one!
    How's the recovery coming? I sold my Harley a couple of years ago and miss it every once in awhile. But at 65, my old bones don't heal like they once did and the roads are becoming insanely crowded!
    Take care!
    Bill
    Hey Bill!
    How's it going? My foot is healing fast, in a few weeks the Dr. will decide how much skin grafting it will require!
    As for the plastic masking, i've never done that! When I v-carve a piece of wood, I always remove .025"-.050" from the top surface, so all the details of the carving start from a flat surface!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Another plaque has been hand painted by my Marine friend! This one looks amazing!

You guys make a hellva team!

Love it.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    You guys make a hellva team!

Love it.
    Thanks Bubba!
    He is an absolute Brother, he's also a 100% disabled vet, and Agent Orange is ripping him apart

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    This one looks amazing!
    It sure does . Maybe some day you could take some pictures of the various stages of the painting proces .

Pat

My Marine friend and I have finished another plaque, this one will be donated to a VFW post!

Beautiful work.You keep giving me things to aspire to!
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALLYRC View Post
    Beautiful work.You keep giving me things to aspire to!
    Thanks TRC
    www.widgitmaster.com

This morning I made two more plaques on my Wheelchair Accessable BIG RED machine!
    They have been sanded and delivered to my Marine friend for painting!

Just back from the Painter!
    Oohrah !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OnceAMarine-AlwaysAMarine.jpeg  

Your signs are terrific! Do you detail your workflow in any of your earlier post?

My Marine Friend has been busy, he has hand painted (left handed) another masterpiece!

24" diameter, 1" thick Yellow pine.
    (Tool#1 0.750 Dia x0.25 EndMill)
    (Tool#2 0.125 Dia x0.75 EndMill)
    (Tool#3 1.250 Dia 90-Deg V-Bit)
    Runtime: 01:02:08

You guys are the dynamic dual Very nice work

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    You guys are the dynamic dual Very nice work

Russ
    Thanks Russ!
    I had to ask my neighbor to empty the sawdust barrel, glad I'm still able to fill it up!
    Widgit

Finally!
    I got a really nice picture of the Trauma Team Doctors that saved my life!
    They really loved my plaque too!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Here is another plaque painted by my Marine friend, this one's going to hang outside his front door too!
    His wife made him keep this one!

How's this Bubba?

To damned politically correct!

But I like it anyway! He must have a very sweet wife!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Widgit;
    You guys really do a great job complimenting each others talents. Your Marine friend is a true artist with the paint as you are with the machine!
    Love the new politically correct warning!
    Take care.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    To damned politically correct!

But I like it anyway! He must have a very sweet wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Widgit;
    You guys really do a great job complimenting each others talents. Your Marine friend is a true artist with the paint as you are with the machine!
    Love the new politically correct warning!
    Take care.
    Bill

Thanks Guys!
    Right now my Big Red machine is the only thing keeping me busy, as life in a wheelchair tends to suck!
    I'll continue to find neat stuff to make, and keep my friend's paint brush busy
    Widgit

We have finished another one (he did all the work), a US Army Special Forces Airborne plaque!
    What ya think Bubba?

Page 73 of 91 2363717273747583