WOW!
Its been a long time sense my last build log here on CNCZone!
Much has happened in my life, some good, and some bad! Many of my family members have passed away, and my arthritis, which had made me stop my projects, has gotten under control! My workshop was unused for over a year :tired:

So instead of sitting on the couch watching re-runs, I have been reading and searching the web for the latest CNC stuff! One item which has caught my attention is the 2.2Kw Water Cooled VFD spindles from China! These look like a good place to start another project, although this project is NOT going to be a Mini-Router! In fact there is nothing MINI in this project at all

I have purchased several hundred dollars worth of 3”x3”x ¼” wall steel tubing, along with some 2”x2”x ¼” wall tubing. Several lengths of 16mm round supported steel rails (SBR16), with open bearing trucks. Several lengths of ½”x½” 20-pitch rack gears & pinions with belt drives from cncrouterparts.com The Z-Axis will have HSR15 linear rails, and an Anti-backlash Ball Screw! The spindle will have a submersible pump in a new steel take made for hydraulic fluid reservoir.

This router will have a maximum travel of 96.5”x49”x8” That’s enough room for a full sheet of plywood or MDF
Its been difficult to acquire the steel, as it’s only sold in 24-foot lengths, so I have made arrangement with a local shop to receive the truckload, and rough cut the tubes for me! Then ill get it to my garage for some preliminary machining prior to welding! This is the next problem, moving 9-foot long steel tubes to & from the welder! Hopefully I will have enough of the parts ready, so the welder can make a stop in my garage!

I will make the CAD file available when all the bugs are gone J

Its time to make chips……………..

Widgit