585,712 active members*
4,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 6 12345
    Hallo Bob
    Jeewiz you are quick with the reply, thanks.
    I am still new to cnczone, so tell me now do I get in contact with Dan Boudreau?

Regards
    Werner

Quote Originally Posted by Werner.Theron View Post
    Hallo Bob
    Jeewiz you are quick with the reply, thanks.
    I am still new to cnczone, so tell me now do I get in contact with Dan Boudreau?

Regards
    Werner
    Click Here: CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! Over 300,000 members and growing.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Thanks Bob. I inboxed him.
    After midnight here in South Africa, time to go to bed night now.
    Enjoy your day.
    Werner

FannBlade,

- Great build bloggage here. You're going to have a stout machine when you're finished.
    - I retrofitted a SuperMax YCM-30 as the old Anilam controllers were memory limited.
    - Instead of cutting down the powersupply - I went with Larken Viper 200's to use all of the available power to run my servo's.
    - I did not want to compromise the power to the table.
    - I did not blog my build here.. but put some notes up on my website: CNC-Joe's WorkShop: CNC Projects - Annies Upgrade:

Interesting to note - my SuperMax also uses the "Kwik 200" tool holders. On mine they are called "Swiss Precision Instruments" or SPI. But they are really Kwik Switch 200's or Kwik 200's. You can still buy them from places like Production Tool, and used when you can find them.

Good luck on the build. It is so nice being able to walk right up to that mill and start using it. (Unlike the days before the upgrade.... )
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out. Thanks for the link I enjoyed the read.
    Still no decision on the drivers yet,but Viper is top of the list.

Build has gone dormant but have plans to get back on it very soon. I just finished running a large run of parts for inventory so I can work on it uninterrupted for a while.

So stay tuned!!
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Glad you enjoyed the bloggage, FB. I need to clarify it a bit ( Meko is my Jack Russell ).
    I could not get the Heidenhahn scales to work with the Larken Viper 200 driver cards - so I went with US Digital Rotary encoders. (E5, 1000 cpr). I also used a CNC4PC BOB. The thing that I love about that machine - I walk right up to it and use it, and it doesn't matter how large the G-code files are (now that I've upgraded). Just how it's supposed to be! Good luck on your build.
    www.CNC-Joe.com
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CNC-Joe View Post
    I walk right up to it and use it, and it doesn't matter how large the G-code files are (now that I've upgraded).
    Doesn't matter how big the files are? How big are the largest files you have run? I've run single code files over 800,000 lines on a couple of my Mach 3 based machines and it certainly matters. I have to turn the tool path display off to even have a chance. Actually that is true for any file a a couple thousand lines it seems. I have heard the new release they are working on fixes that problem though by using separate worker threads for the tool path display. I guess that should work with a multi processor machine atleast.

For the complex 3D jobs I've taken to planning them and breaking them up into smaller files of no more than a couple hundred thousand lines. I still turn the tool path display off.
    Bob La Londe

Looking forward to the Mach4 release also!!
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Little update. I actually worked on it again.
    Started on the enclosure. First step was to swing it around on an angle to loosen up some space and then I leveled it best I could with regular ol level,when close to finishing it I have a friend that has a precision level I can borrow. Got the back panels mounted and a center guard in place. Next I will weld up a frame with 1" X 1" sq. tubing with wheels that will allow me to roll it out for maintenance by unbolting it from the rear panels if needed. Once basic frame is in place I will figure out if I will do one or two sliding doors. Oh yea I got the right side door reversed.

Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

I can see it. I sometimes wish I had gone for a for a big whole enclosure like that instead of the table top enclosure. On the other hand my long term plan is to build smaller machines with mine to do my day to day bread and butter work. I guess I need to start a new build thread since I have started on one of them already.
    Bob La Londe

HA HA. I see that car battery in there. LOL.

Make sure to leave room to get to the knee crank easily in your enclosure design.
    Bob La Londe

Yep I need that battery! Maybe get 2 more and I could make parts!!
    Definitely will make sure door opening will allow crank access. I may think about flip down side panel for large part over hang. I will definitely be building a slant bed lathe when this is done.
    Getting excited again....now where can I find the $3000 I need to finish it!!! I will be pushing my wife's tolerance level to the limit in 2014,as this needs to get done.

Please post a link if you start a build log.
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Bob La Londe

Little update: I got the control panel housing powder coated white. I decided it would hold up better then paint. I also had to make a air diffuser to cover the fan holes....since some dumb ass marked the wrong side,they were suppose to be in the back!!! Did add cool look. Then I got started painting the mill. i just went with good ol rustolem and a brush to eliminate the over spray getting everywhere plus most is not going to show.. The enclosure and other removable part will be done in urethane single stage automotive paint. Anything that will fit in my oven will get powder coated.

Took me about 4 hrs. to get coolant tank clean,it had about two inches of oily sludge caked in the bottom. So much about the story of it only used for plastic. I have a single phase motor here I think will fit the pump housing. When I get that going I think I will circulate some simple green for few days to get out the rest of the oily residue.

Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Very nice. My KMB1 will NEVER look like that.
    Bob La Londe

LMAO!! I'm sure mine shouldn't!
    I was thinking the other day when I painted the bottom how hard it's going to be to clean the drain screen with it enclosed. The more I think about it the more I like your way. I don't mind rolling out the front section for repairs but would hate to tear it down just for daily cleaning. I will know more as I frame it up.

Also do you keep the gib tight on the knee with the 2 little handle knobs? (another area I may need access to.)
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

There is a drain down there? I'll have to scrape out the gunk and look. LOL.
    Bob La Londe

I just bought a Hurco KMB1m and an SM1. I'm looking to retrofit the KMB1 for sure as it seems to have the better mechanicals. I'm fairly new to all of this and would love to get some insight on what components you've used, etc.

Dan

Attachment 217310

I'm still long way from finishing mine.

I have a list of parts I "plan" to use but list is still changing. Look at Bob's build his is up and running.
    Snipes44 also made a suggestion post about his build. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/hurco/...ml#post1319026

Please let us all know if you start a build log on here.
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Thanks for the info! My KMB-1m arrived last week and is in the garage now. I parted out the SM1 and kept all of the electronics, servo motors, and some mechanicals. I'm going to start a build thread and add pictures.

Page 3 of 6 12345