585,906 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Clausing Storm Lathe with 21i-T Fanuc control request

Clausing Storm Lathe with 21i-T Fanuc control request

Hi all,

I just had the good fortune to win an auction for a Clausing Storm 80 Lathe Serial # T70129 with a Fanuc 21i-T CNC Control. Now for the bad news. Someone took the batteries out of the two controllers in the cabinet. I am worried about the parameters, which quite possible have disappeared when the batteries were removed.

What I wanted to ask about is what is the best procedure to try to correct this "opportunity" so that I may retrieve the parameters? Other things I am now looking for are a manual, and if someone owns a Clausing Storm 80, would they PM me so I may learn more about using this machine? I do have an 800 number that may be used.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bill Gillen

You sure the batteries are supposed to be there? If the ones you are talking about are on the drive units, there may be an external D cell battery box mounted on the door. Those are for APC type encoders, and the machine may not even use them. You'll know when you power up, you'll get a 300 APC alarm. Should be an easy fix if thats the case. The battery for parameters are stored on the main board, on a 21i thats normally right behind the LCD screen.

Were these machines on sellers site for the auction?
    If so, and they have a maintenance dept. I would check with them to see if any Documentation is available.
    I have been to numerous auctions and always seek out the Maint. dept for this reason, it amazing how many people buy machines at auction without thought of the documentation which in all probability is available and has been overlooked or not included with the machine at the time of auction.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.