585,722 active members*
4,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > New Torus Pro Ordered Today

New Torus Pro Ordered Today

As my evaluation of the Pulsar nears completion, I thought it prudent to re-order the delayed Torus Pro. So, to insure it is ready when the Pulsar departs (on its way to a contractor to produce a manual) , my order is back on for delivery mid to end July. Although it is available today there is no point in taking it now as I still have a few projects to complete. By the same token, I don't want someone else scooping up my machine at the last minute. No more delays. If memory serves me correct this not the first time I have said that, oh well.

Looking forward to the large work envelope. However, the Pulsar with the lever draw bar has spoiled me forever. I can no longer envision two wrenches, a third hand and standing on a milk crate, for every tool change. To that end, I have also ordered the new power draw bar. Ray, if you're watching, add one more to the production schedule, please! What next an ATC?

On the downside, I have become very comfortable with the size and ease of operation of the Pulsar. Being that I am height challenged, (the politically correct term for short, thank you), I appreciate the compact nature of the Pulsar. Still have a few posts with videos in the works for the Pulsar. I truly am going to miss "my" Tonka Toy. Stay tuned.

John

John,

The PDB is very close to production now. The mechanical design is done. I've just about completed the firmware (just finished adding the spindle RPM display, and now putting in the self-calibration code), and in the next 2-3 days I'll be building the first "production" electronics package. When that's done I'll post some picture of it installed on my Pro.

The 12-tool ATC is already completely designed (has been for several months, in fact), and fabrication will start in a few weeks, as soon as the beta-test PDBs are out the door.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Ray

Just in time. Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    John,

The PDB is very close to production now. The mechanical design is done. I've just about completed the firmware (just finished adding the spindle RPM display, and now putting in the self-calibration code), and in the next 2-3 days I'll be building the first "production" electronics package. When that's done I'll post some picture of it installed on my Pro.

The 12-tool ATC is already completely designed (has been for several months, in fact), and fabrication will start in a few weeks, as soon as the beta-test PDBs are out the door.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    This is good news! I got the email from John two days ago, but decided to keep a lid on it. One of the PDBs are mine. Thanks Ray, I'll do a full write up when it arrives.