585,930 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tutorials > High-Relief Embossing with BobArt

High-Relief Embossing with BobArt

I've started a new tutorial for BobArt. This one will cover taking an image, tracing and drawing the necessary geometry, then using that geometry to create a high-relief embossment using BobArt. The first video concentrates on the drawing and tracing, and how these are shaped by the needs of the later embossments. I'll get the second video done and uploaded either late tonight, or tomorrow. This one will probably take 3 videos to finish.

Part 1:

Hope this is helpful

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Here's the second video. This one covers the basic embossment methods, and some techniques that should be helpful.

Luke

Here's Part 3. This video covers the more complex embossments, using Merge types to blend multiple features into complex curves. One more video after this should finish up the tutorial.

Luke

And here's the final video. In this one, the embossments are finished up, and then the Sculpting feature is used to put on some finishing touches. After that, the final processing steps are added, and the project is complete. This series has run pretty long. I took a few shortcuts where I could, but covering a project like this in enough detail for a tutorial simply takes a lot of time. Hopefully, some folks will find them worthwhile.

Luke

I really enjoyed theses a I had no idea of the process.

Thanks

Sweet tutes Trotline!!!!!

Thanks I wish I'd been able to make them shorter, though. I'm afraid I'll put people to sleep, but I couldn't come up with a way to cover it all any faster.

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Thanks I wish I'd been able to make them shorter, though. I'm afraid I'll put people to sleep, but I couldn't come up with a way to cover it all any faster.

Luke
    I cant stand long drawn out tutes, and yours dont come off/appear that way. They're pleasing to sit in on. You were born to do tutes!

Aw shucks...

Thanks, Burrman. Maybe if I keep doing them I'll learn some stuff. It's embarrassing when you repeatedly say something that's wrong, then discover the mistake in the next video. I really thought you couldn't break a spline without exploding it, then I remembered that I needed to break the grip into rails, and tried it, just to make sure...

Luke

Thanx for the Videos.I could "Hear" great.
    Obviously BoB is not your first go at CAD/CAM.
    You picked up on BoB quick.Nice job.

Actually, aside from messing with CamBam for a few days, BobCAD is the only package I've used. I bought it last summer, when I was getting my machine finished and ready to cut. I'm still learning it, of course. There's lots of stuff I haven't used, or barely used. That's one of the big reasons I make the videos. You have to really have a good idea how it works if you're going to get up in front of everybody and talk about it. It makes me practice and study hard.

I think I've got the audio under control now. Hopefully, that won't be an issue again. Glad you liked the videos.

Luke

I meant to post the .bbcd file and image for this, but ran into the file size limitation of the forum. Sorry it took so long to get it posted elsewhere, but I got tied up in some work. Here's the V25 file and the image, if anyone wants to follow along or just not listen to me drone on...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Tutorial.zip

Luke

Thank you for doing the tutorials. They were very good. Not at all drug out. I for one didn't lose interest. Thanks again.

Ronnie

Glad to hear it! I'll be doing more before too long.

Luke