584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas 4015 Servo Brushless amplifier

Haas 4015 Servo Brushless amplifier

We have a Haas VF-0 Mill that fails on one axis, here are the photos:

No part number at sight that I recognize, upon searching for the numbers etched on the PCB I found at ebay a similar looking amplifier that goes by the model 4015K-D but what is etched on the pcb is 32-4015E

Is this the same unit?

Thanks!

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

What part number is on the other ones that have not failed. Should be a parts list(equipped with) on the inside of the door with the part numbers. If you can't find it, get a smart amp that fits them all.

Not much more we can tell you without knowing what year etc. You can also call Haas or a factory outlet and give hem the serial number and they can tell you every part that is on it. On most, if you are not using your 4th axis, you can swap that amp into it------Check them first.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Thanks Mike.

Did not looked on the door and the other amplifiers have the same markings, will look on monday, we are currently using the 4th axis as replacement, but we need to use the 4th as well.

What is a smart amp? does it replace brushless servo amplifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    Thanks Mike.

Did not looked on the door and the other amplifiers have the same markings, will look on monday, we are currently using the 4th axis as replacement, but we need to use the 4th as well.

What is a smart amp? does it replace brushless servo amplifiers?

Yep, the Smart Amp is a replacement for any brushless servo amp. on any Haas machine. I have one in my old 96 VF-2 mill and then I picked up one to keep on the shelf for a spare. The only issue is that it will not work for a 4th axis drive that does both brush and brushless, or is just brush. The amp in my 4th axis slot is brush or brushless, but the machine is set up for brush.

There is one on eBay now, but is a 45 amp one and not the 30 amp one. I think I would stick to the 30 amp.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Can't find it on ebay, do you still have the link?

Be sure to check the fuse located on the amp's circuit board. You'll need a multimeter (continuity check should do it).

We had one go bad in a 1998 VF2, the fuse was popped although we only got about a day out of the new fuse. Ended up replacing it with the afore-mentioned smart-amp.

Here are some photos of the machine and its tag to clarify things:

What should I buy? does the smart amp is the choice?

Pablo

This guy has three of them for sale. Offer him less and just get one of them.

Mike

Haas Brushless Servo Amplifier 4015K D 351231 | eBay

thanks but he provides no warranty, I purchased an used fanuc power supply in the past and it failed when we installed and got full refund, will look for a seller with better after sale warranty.

So for looking, any 4015K drive will do right?

Okay, I give up trying. Why not just call Haas.

Easy, Haas here in Argentina wants 2200+tax for the drive.

Thats why I ask here and you helped me a lot so far.

You're asking a lot for a seller to warranty a sensitive item like an amplifier when most of the people buying this item don't possess the expertise to even open the cabinet, let alone change an amplifier. No way I'm taking a loss because inexperienced personnel are experimenting with their machines.

Re: Haas 4015 Servo Brushless amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by revlimit View Post
    You're asking a lot for a seller to warranty a sensitive item like an amplifier when most of the people buying this item don't possess the expertise to even open the cabinet, let alone change an amplifier. No way I'm taking a loss because inexperienced personnel are experimenting with their machines.
    This thread is almost 3 years old. I am sure they have things figured out by now.

Re: Haas 4015 Servo Brushless amplifier

Do you still have that Haas VF-0 machine???