585,692 active members*
5,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Door hold interlocks for 1996 VF-6

Door hold interlocks for 1996 VF-6

while most posters are looking to disable the door interlocks i am asking the opposite. our safety guy is requiring me to find a way to disable the "door hold override" setting #51 he is requiring that standard operators are unable to disable the switches. we have a few different machines but all are 1996 era controls. i am coming up blank on a way to do this other than having a HAAS tech come in and hard wire it some how. any suggestions?

Re: Door hold interlocks for 1996 VF-6

how about a sign on the door itself. "disable door hold override = fired"

if you can`t trust the guys working for you fire them and get some you can ..... there safety has to start with them doing smart things ,, if you have to hold there hand to make them safe put them back on the short bus and let someone else enjoy them.

while i understand your position, i would guess you work for yourself or a small company. i personally find most safety stuff a hindrance but i work for a large global company where decisions are made 20 levels of management up the ladder and on the other side of the country or sometimes the other side of the world. someone somewhere sitting in their swivel chair behind a mahogany desk came up with the idea. its just my job to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by steve pies View Post
    while most posters are looking to disable the door interlocks i am asking the opposite. our safety guy is requiring me to find a way to disable the "door hold override" setting #51 he is requiring that standard operators are unable to disable the switches. we have a few different machines but all are 1996 era controls. i am coming up blank on a way to do this other than having a HAAS tech come in and hard wire it some how. any suggestions?
    Your machine should have a parameter that when set, the machine will ignore SETTING 51; I don't recall the exact parameter at the moment though. However, unless you have a way to lock out the parameters, one could still re-enable the switch if so desired.

Only other way I can think of would be to install your own door interlock switches and tie them into the E-Stop circuit. A call to the Haas factory (not your HFO) service support line or possibly the applications department might get you some better options other than just tying into the E-Stop.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Your machine should have a parameter that when set, the machine will ignore SETTING 51; I don't recall the exact parameter at the moment though. However, unless you have a way to lock out the parameters, one could still re-enable the switch if so desired.

Only other way I can think of would be to install your own door interlock switches and tie them into the E-Stop circuit. A call to the Haas factory (not your HFO) service support line or possibly the applications department might get you some better options other than just tying into the E-Stop.

Good luck!
    the only parameter setting i can find is #57 safety circ and door spindle stop. the switches are being replaced at the moment so i will have to wait till they are replaced to test these out. thanks for the info.