585,962 active members*
3,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam - How to configure different post processors.

Arrow Mastercam - How to configure different post processors.

I'm using Mastercam X4 Lathe. How can I set several different post processors for machines that have been configured in different ways?
    Different companies one goes to, can have the lathe set-up differently, sometimes to avoid program theft or from manufacturer reasons.
    For example, one lathe displays diameters with a minus symbol and some with positive diameters. One place I went to, their Z length works from the chuck, outwards, that's back to front compared to any other place. Some lathes have the tool nose radius compensated for in the program, rather than in the control geometry page. How do I create these different processors to have each one available for each different lathe I go to?

Your topic sounded like you already have the posts; that you were unsure of how to set each different machine up.
    But the text of your posts asks about creating post processors.

Maybe you don't need extra posts;what you want to do is look at the "Control Definition" in the "Files" tab.

If you cant set everything you need to there , (especially if the hardware is different), then you at LEAST need separate Machine Definitions,

If different Machine Definitions arent enuff, then its time to make a Post.