585,604 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi Seiki HT 20

Hi all,

I have been on this forum for a while but have never delved into CNC....until now.

I recently purchased an Hitachi Seiki HT 20 lathe for a price I could not refuse. The guy I bought it off used it for machining industrial plastics. It seems the company he got it from used it to machine wood as there is a fine coating of saw dust everywhere. If this is a good or bad thing I'm not sure.

It does operate and have seen so before I purchased it. What was explained to me was that the coolant system had been disconnected for reasons unknown.

I have some manuals, a parts list for an NK 20 and wiring diagram for an HT 20. I was wondering if the learned people on here could help me with some of the following to get the old girl up to scratch.

By the way the operating system is Fanuc 3T-F.

Firstly the X axis is a little noisy but operates well. I will post a video of this when I get a chance.

The coolant system has two pumps. Are these lines into the spindle for coolant? Please see the attached pic. It no longer has a coolant tank and the hoses have been disconnected and the larger diameter one cut.

It has also had some robotics fitted at some stage in the form of a loader/unloader. Is it worthwhile removing the electronics and pneumatics for this or should I just leave it alone?

Lastly the auto lube system does not work. Until I power it up I can't say what might be wrong. Are these known for failure?

Thanks to all who can offer some direction.

Joe.

Re: Hitachi Seiki HT 20

Hi did you know someting about fanuc 6t model b.1984 year.I change Frenic5000v2 with new.Now spindle not rotation.....if you someting know......

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk