585,996 active members*
4,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Probelm in Fanuc Roodrill alpha T14ia with 16iMA control.

Probelm in Fanuc Roodrill alpha T14ia with 16iMA control.

Hello Everyone..

I have been working on Fanuc Robodrill alpha T14ia with 16iMA control.
    The mahcine is having problem with the I/O link.
    There is 1 main I/O board behind the operator panel, then I/O cable JD1A runs to back of machine to basic module of connecting I/O module JD1B.

1. now my first confusion- if we remove JD1B connector from the connecting I/O module, should machine alarm for "Bad I/O Link"
    but there is no alarm in machine when we remove this connector.

2. now second thing when we connect the connector back the Inputs/Outputs connected to this connecting I/O module doesn't show in PMC status.

The CONNECTING MODULE consists of Basic Module and Expansion Module as shown in the picture. These modules are connected to the Fanuc wiring PCB.

I have checked the 24V connected to this module, that is Okay.

Please help me out here...

Sorry forget to attach pictures, here are some..Attachment 188442Attachment 188444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130616-WA0014.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	188446

this sounds a lot like a issue a coworker fought for a week on a 21, his machines 'beta' (powermate style) atc drive was acting similar on the serial link...he finally put a scope on the cheepass external linear 24 volt supply and found it was sagging on bootup enough to cause link errors. I had a kinda related issue on a M64 Mits a while back too. anymore whenever we redo a machine for anything, my first thing is to look at the 24volt draw and see if we can snip the add-on supplies out and bug in to the internal Fanuc 24v...the internal 5A fanuc supply will easily handle 90% of our machines, and being a switcher, if it has a momentary overload it faults or pops a fuse, unlike the typical cheap linear 24v supplies that can sag down to 5 or 10 volts under overloads without any indication.

just takes a minute, put a meter on the 24 and watch while booting up, might get lucky and thats all it is for you too

Thanks for the reply TC429

The machine has 2 power supplies, PU1 & PU2 both are from Fanuc as it is Fanuc Robodrill.
    and I shall check as you have suggested.

The main problem is I don't have wiring manual for this model of Fanuc Robodrill.
    I have 2 other model manuals, but they are not matching..
    and everything I have checked seems to be fine on the basis of other manuals.

And tc429
    There is no alarm regarding I/O link in machine.
    Machine is showing alarms
    TCZ limit switch is welding.
    Z-Axis brake faulty etc.
    as there inputs are not connected, which are connected through the expansion modules on the wiring PCB.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anybody here having same model machine....??
    Can somebody check for this problem by removing connector from connecting module, JD1B connected to base module...

Dear Sir
    The Problem you are facing on Fanuc Robodrill alpha T14ia with 16iMA control The Problem is hardware Failure CHeck the PCB , is it repaired ? Do you have Similar Base Module If please interchange and Confirm

Thats the main problem. No simillar machine is available for verifying. Now I am trying for machine with same modules.

Quote Originally Posted by jjautomation View Post
    Thats the main problem. No simillar machine is available for verifying. Now I am trying for machine with same modules.

I know, old thread...

Did you figure out the issue? I have some similar issues relating to the I/o and maybe 24v..

Re: Probelm in Fanuc Roodrill alpha T14ia with 16iMA control.

The ladder generates the i/o link error message. Look at the ladder.
    ~10 years ago, I decoded the i/o link protocol and allowed an external device to monitor the data on the bus.