584,817 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

small EDM project (DIY EDMers welcome!)

I need some text embossed onto stainless steel, so that the text sticks out of the surface about 0.040". The letters are about 0.125" tall and 0.1" wide. From what I've seen of even hobbyist DIY EDM, it should be do-able. It will be used in an injection mold. The molded part has the text sunken into the plastic surface, so thats why I need this to be sticking out, and also why its not really machinable, or at least, more appropriate for EDM.

The text is about 20 letters, around a circle of about 2" diameter.

I can supply the material with the right diameter and whatever features you need to make it work in your EDM machine.

Tell me a price!

I only need one right now. But I will probably need additional ones in the future. (different text, same idea though)

I'm a noob when it comes it EDM, but what type of EDM could do what you're requesting?

i normally have this sort of work carried out by laser engraving, i could let you have the details of the firm i use but they are in the UK. suggest you google
    Laser engraving in your local area.
    regards
    mark

You left out the part where the electrode has to be cnc cut with a special cutter . I will do it for $250.00 You provide all materials and pay shipping .

i think i can do it with deep electro etching of the stainless..imma give that a shot..use a toner transfer then etch it with a voltage

How did that electro-etch work out? The last time I tried to electro-etch stainless it wouldn't etch.

I quoted 12.50 cents per letter thats me suppling the electrode and burning the darn thing and not even a response for the poster . This rfq section is a joke . People just fishing . I know 10 years ago they wanted 6.00 per letter to make electrodes so you could burn your own number stamps !