585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Help Zeroing X axis on Fanuc OTC Akira-Seki SL25 (turret bump)

Need Help Zeroing X axis on Fanuc OTC Akira-Seki SL25 (turret bump)

Hi Guys,

I need to know how to re-zero my axis after a turret bump. I have retrammed the turret to .0002 across the face and centered on a bar holder. I need to know how to reset the home switch offsets so X0 in the tool offset page is really X zero. Also where is the Z offset referenced from? The switch or the spindle nose? Akira Seki has been no help and there is not a local dealer in my area (phoenix)

Machine control is a Fanuc OT-C with std encoders (not absolute)

Thanks in advance

Chris
    If at first you don't succede destroy all evidence that you tried!

Check your fixture offset. If it was reading x0 on centerline, I'm betting someone put a fixture offset amount in X. Not common on a fanuc to be X0 on centerline unless somebody changed a fixture offset. Grid shift parameter cam make small changes, no 0 books here.

Really? All 3 of our lathes have OT-c controls on them and I always run my drills with a zero in the x offset register for centerline? The turret got bumped out about .020 and the drills were low. Re-trammed the turret, but now it's about .030 above where a zero offset would put it. How do I change this so my drills run tru on center with a zero X workshift and a zero x offset register. That's the way that it would logically be as far as any lathe I've ever seen.

Chris
    If at first you don't succede destroy all evidence that you tried!

You will need to adjust the grid shift parameter. Can't tell you what it is since I don't have 0 books here. On 15,18,21 newer would be parameter 1850.

normaly after u make the center line ,you should go on the offset page and on the x workshift coordinate must put the machine coordinate for the x axes.i always do in this way.
    so when i call up x0 in MDI the machine goes to the machine coordinate position that i typed on workshift for X