585,973 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

altra burny 10 verson 4 intermittent problems

I started a new job recently thus working with a older burn 10 then what I was use to. I been experiencing two issues with this machine. (1) When changing consumable heads, and loading new jobs into the system the software doesn't seem to like updating consumable amperages. An example would be ..from 80 amps to 200 amps it will stay on 80 and pierce with 80 amp settings. This is also the case with scribing. When scribing part numbers on parts before cutting the part it will want to cut instead of scribing. (2) Also recently having issues with oxy fuel cutting. When setting up to do oxy fuel cutting seems not to change the gas flows back to oxy fuel so every once and a while I can't even light a torch unless I reboot the system.

I suggest contacting ALLtra Corp directly, speak with their technical service team and they will help you resolve these issues. ALLtra has one of the best service groups in the business.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by theoperator View Post
    I started a new job recently thus working with a older burn 10 then what I was use to. I been experiencing two issues with this machine. (1) When changing consumable heads, and loading new jobs into the system the software doesn't seem to like updating consumable amperages. An example would be ..from 80 amps to 200 amps it will stay on 80 and pierce with 80 amp settings. This is also the case with scribing. When scribing part numbers on parts before cutting the part it will want to cut instead of scribing. (2) Also recently having issues with oxy fuel cutting. When setting up to do oxy fuel cutting seems not to change the gas flows back to oxy fuel so every once and a while I can't even light a torch unless I reboot the system.

Thanks Jim. Well its really up to the owner of the shop unfortunately. Interesting that when i turn on both stations before i send all and update table it actually updates without a problem.. still have no idea why i could not get the system to fire the oxy fuel, but did manage to fix the issue by turning on/off the plasma stations seemed to have worked.

(3) New problem: When switching from Continuous Test Mode and Automatic it still moves the part when jogging over for a suitable pierce point.

If it was up to me i'd rather go back to burny 5.0 I could cut anything and do anything without loosing cut's because of unneeded bulky software. Problem is the owners already spent a ton load on repairs to this 7 year old machine but thinking the hardware is still fried.. idk idk....