584,830 active members*
5,551 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Coolant Pump

Coolant Pump

Has anyone tryed the new HI-Flow Cooant pump up grade from Tormach 1/6 hp pump ??????

I switched to a 3/4 hp dirty water sump in a 27 galling heavy duty tub on wheels. I had to replace the Tormach collection tray (as it overflowed on the first usage with a 2 gallon (iirc) rectangular tub. I added a pass through NPT flange and 1" pvc and tubing to return to the big tub. The tubing passes through a 200 micron bag filter as it re - enters the coolant housing.

Everything is controlled by relays to the Tormach controller isn't handling the amperage which allowed me to add switched to my home made remote e stop. I can switch from air to flood and also flip a switch outside the machine to turn on the flood for a large line to a garden hose sprayer for rinsing chips to the drain for faster clean up before and after production runs as that is the only time I bother saving chips.

I need pictures! All those features wrapped into one post and I've wanted to do all of them!

I looked at Tormachs New pump, but I think a sump pump may be the way to go.

I actually shot videos but laptop overheated twice while trying to upload the massive files. I just got a phone that shoots better video than my camera so I'll shoot some this week and upload them. Funny that I run cam, cad and professional editing software on there and the only two things that kill is are massive hd videos and Google sketch up.

Blow it out with your air compressor, I did the other day and couldn't believe what came out, seems to run cooler.

As for the phone, I hear ya, All my pics and vid are from a HTC Rezound phone, technology is crazy!

I probably owe it a good cleaning. I also bought a cooling station with three seperate 100mm fans that can be positioned anywhere on the stand to get air to the hot spots and a speed controller. Laptop internal temp dropped from 151 with a dingle fan on my old lap cooler thing to 141 now with these three fans. Very impressed.

I haven't seen that one, I'll have to look for it. Back on topic, let's see some vids!