584,842 active members*
4,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 2100 alarm 17-28

Acramatic 2100 alarm 17-28

Hi guys,

I have a Cincinnatri Arrow 750 with 2100 control, on startup all the lights on the pendant lights up, and the screen works, however further down the boot I get alarm 17-28:

"Cause: A file describing a pendant or panel with ID0x2d has not been provided by any layers (for example SystemData: KLH2D.BIN)

Remedy: The system will attement to proceed but all of the keys and lights on the pendant/panel 0 are inoperative, If the pendant or panel is wrong for this type of machine, turn off the control and replace the pendant or panel. If you believe the pendant or panel is correct, provide your service representative with its channel (0) and ID (0x2d) so that a file describing the pendant or panel may be installed"

Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

The diagnostic manager tells me the pendant is OK, but I noticed that the part number on the diagnostics (3-542-1359A C) is not the same as on the back of the pendant itself (3-424-2325A)

The feed, rapid, emergency and display "works" on the pendant, everything else is out.

Would really appricate some help in the right direction!

Thanks

u tried to send me a PM and my box was full; sorry. empty now. but I cannot help u anyway as this is an A2100 control problem, not motor or drive or spindle problem - which is what we can sometimes help with.... anyway, if the machine used to work and now does not something changed; these machines have battery backup memory on 2 boards inside the control, and if they go then I Believe this is the kind of problem you start having. I'd suggest you try to pm Mag service, maver1ck, and others on here who have controls knowledge. good luck.

Thank you for letting me know Mike. I have tried maver1ck, and will PM Mag service aswell.

Thanks!

I have three of those controllers and at times they are a pain. Open the back of the machine with machine off and unplug and clean every contact you can. We have experienced the same problem and this makes it work.

Thanks for the info Bigmoe, just cleaned all the connectors, but the alarm is still there... Have you had the same alarm on one of your machines?

Did you unplug and re plug the mother board bridge board both computers the drive boards etc. when this controller boots it looks at everything and if something is missing it will become a dumb a--

Yes, I have unplugged the cards and all the contacts I can see, cleaned them and replugged. Have done it 2 times now cause this alarm is causing so much problems! restarted the machine just now, and the 17-28 alarm is still present... I have a spare cloned HDD, so I will try to swap them and see if anything changes.

New HDD, still alarm...

Have you checked the voltage of the small backup batteries on the workstation and realtime board new they are 3volts."Do not" remove them to check and make sure power is off.

No, I haven't checked the batteries, actually I haven't found them... Do you know the minimum voltage?

The clock on my machine started to lose its time and I think for memory it had dropped to about 2.4volts,I believe that is linked to the workstation board I have heard that the realtime board has dropped to lower voltages than that before they freak out.But the truth is I think that it would be wise to change these every 1 to 2 years just in case the batteries you purchase are a bit old,when you look at the workstation board it is to your left and has the screen mouse and power supply hooked to it you will see the battery which is the size of a 5 cent piece for memory they are a CR2032.The realtime board is to your right and the bridge board is in the centre that connects the workstation board to the bridge board once again its the same battery as the other one CR2032,according to some of the members on some models they soldered the batteries to the boards but mine are all removeable but as I said before, check the voltage without removing the batteries.Good luck.

Re: Acramatic 2100 alarm 17-28

So
    what's happen with you ?
    did you found any solution ?

Re: Acramatic 2100 alarm 17-28

Sorry for not updating the post.

The problem was in the pendant, sent this out for repair and the machine is working perfect now (except from other Acramatic problems that pop in once and awhile!)

Did the repair at SEC Service in the UK. Top notch job and fast turnaround.