584,802 active members*
4,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post processor for Weihong NK105

Hello,

I bought a new chinese CNC (6090) with the Weihong NK105 system integrated

Attachment 189852

My supplier told me I must generate the G-code by using axyz posprocessor. The point is I tried to do it but CNC can't read the file. I recived a file by email from my seller and he told me the compatible file must be like this file. The issue is I don't know how to generate this file with this structure. I am beginner in machining world and I have no idea how to solve the problem. I use Catia, Solidworks, Artcam and Mastercam. I would like to know if someone can help me, please. I enclose a reference file that works in my cnc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Buddha.nc.zip

Thank you in advance.

Hello ,
    It was a Buddha in simulate . Normally the DSP handle can read format like .nc and .mmg . This format can be found while you are saving the files . Some advanced machines 4 axis or 5 axis can do much more work but in need help of posprocessor . Why don't you ask the seller to do a screen video to show the operation for you ? To compare where the point is . I think it will helps a lot .

Best regards,
    Mary Lee

this file you posted has no any settings but spindle rpm..

the generic g-code from any cam program should work..

you might edit the g-code postprocessor, or ask help on proper forum..
    on artcam forum on the verified area even you can find posts about this..

the reason for this barebone codeing, because youll set federate trough on the handheld unit..

I would suggest you contact machine seller and buy an ncstudio control.. or a mach3 control for your router..

both of them low cost and worth to replace the dsp control..

ncstudio, works with separated processor ... for 3 axis works very well

SALE CNC Router Milling, CNC Laser, CNC plasma machine, China, Servo Motor Drive, UK, USA, Italy, Spain, Thailand

if you have more than 3 axis you can try the mach3 control

SALE CNC Router Milling, CNC Laser, CNC plasma machine, China, Servo Motor Drive, UK, USA, Italy, Spain, Thailand

===========================

I think the dsp control was developed avoiding a costly computer kept busy with router control.. since that computers are got on very low price so theres no more reason for the dsp control...

Hello EXLASer.

During last 2 weeks I have written many times to my seller about it and it has been pretty frustrating. Nobody can tell me anything about, just Artcam, Mastercam, etc. are compatibles with DSP. The question is HOWWW! It is amazing and a waste of time. They have not got idea.

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    this file you posted has no any settings but spindle rpm..

the generic g-code from any cam program should work..

you might edit the g-code postprocessor, or ask help on proper forum..
    on artcam forum on the verified area even you can find posts about this..

the reason for this barebone codeing, because youll set federate trough on the handheld unit..

I would suggest you contact machine seller and buy an ncstudio control.. or a mach3 control for your router..

both of them low cost and worth to replace the dsp control..

ncstudio, works with separated processor ... for 3 axis works very well

if you have more than 3 axis you can try the mach3 control

===========================

I think the dsp control was developed avoiding a costly computer kept busy with router control.. since that computers are got on very low price so theres no more reason for the dsp control...
    Hello Victorofga.

It's quite interesting your comment. I thought DSP would be easier than Match3, but now I think it had been better the other. I will try to ask in Mastercam forum about the postprocessor. I don't think I am the only one have had problems with a DSP.

Thank you.

chop3d

again.. the file you posted don't have ANY specification..

means everything is in the handheld control

means you need only a simple, generic gcode and youll set probably federate, spindle rpm, coolant from the handheld unit

the rapid and linear interpolation probably enough.. these controls knows the continuous velocity

G00
    G01

migthbe arcs can be processed too..

your reseller might cant help

ask weihong directly...

Contact Us?Shanghai WeiHong Electronic Technology LLC.

they answer for email.. I believe even for phone too..

if you have difficulties yet... then you can shift to mach3...
    that will cost an extra 160-200, but it still a deal ...

Hello Chop3d ,

I attached 3 pictures while saving files by artcam . 10 is our postprocessor name while saving ;11 is your manufacture says but I do not sure if it work ;13 is normal operation which we and most people did ,chose the format mmg . So you can test with the mmg first i think ,it should work .
    Attachment 191172
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	191174

Name:	13.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	191176

Greetings ,
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

Hi, today I had a meeting with this WeiHong DSP controller trying to help a person who bought a router from China.
    There was no documentation about drive screw pitches and stepper microstep configuration but with some measuring, reading the tables on the stepper drivers, calculation and guesswork the machine came to life and movements are calibrated.
    But the big problem is how to generate a G-code file for it when no CAM program available to us has anything near to this name in the post processor list. Using the router in manual override mode with fixed feeds and speeds makes it suitable only for some basic work. Which is a shame for such a large router. One cannot do complex tasks with different tools.
    There is a demo file in the controller memory with Chinese name which I copied to a PC and had a look at. There are some header codes which seem non standard. At least I am no so well acquainted with G and M codes, so I have to look in some reference documents to see if they are from the standard set.
    The documentation is poor. Limited only to user interface and some settings. Nothing specific about the G-code functionality.

BTW, file extension is not important. All G-code files are plain text files, readable in any text editor or viewer.

dragonfly

check artcam express out..
    it will produce toolpath for many type work..

from simple 2d toolpaths, vcarving reliefmachining, photocarving it makes everything..
    it imports virtually all used meshformat of 3d models.. and can be toolpathed..

cost 150 dollar or 220 leva.. and with visacard you can buy directly from delcam, or theres a bulgarien delcam office...

DiTra íà÷àëî

тел.: (+359 2) 91 91 2

the express site to buy directly from delcam,,

ArtCAM Express - Powerful CNC Software For Woodworking, Sign Making, Routing and Engraving

theres some demo to download..
    also please note express working very well without any addition module..

modules has importance only for busssiness use..
    all module is a speciality function.. what not necessary for beginners..

Re: Post processor for Weihong NK105

Quote Originally Posted by EXLASer View Post
    Hello Chop3d ,

I attached 3 pictures while saving files by artcam . 10 is our postprocessor name while saving ;11 is your manufacture says but I do not sure if it work ;13 is normal operation which we and most people did ,chose the format mmg . So you can test with the mmg first i think ,it should work .
    Attachment 191172

Name:	11.jpg 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	191174

Name:	13.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	191176

Greetings ,
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery
    Hello EXLASer, I wonder if you have a postprocessor for Syntec 10A, thanks.