585,902 active members*
4,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas Lathe Canned Cycles not functioning

I recently bought a 2007 Haas SL30 lathe with a FANUC controller. We are programming our first parts and all of the canned cycles do not function. The programs graph correctly on the controller screen but while running the part, when it gets to the canned cycle the machine does not move. The distance to go in x and z shows o.oo but the controller says the program is "running". At first I thought it was my programming knowledge, but even a simple drill cycle does not function. Has anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas what it might be. I need to run a thread cycle and can not do so. Any assisatnce would be be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Can you give some more information, wich controller (FANUC 0T, 18i-TB etc. ), live tools, maybe a few lines off g-code.

Regards,

Heavy_Metal
    The Netherlands

I think N27 is incorrect, but I'm just guessing. Maybe if you posted the program here we could help.

Have you checked that your feedrate commands have a decimal. If you miss the decimal point the Graphics will still run okay but the machine itself may move so slowly that you think it is not moving. When the program is running look at the machine position display on the screen and see if the numbers are changing.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I think it might be a parameter problem. I run a daewoo lathe Fanic 18 T control i had to change i believe regular drilling to high speed drilling i think. But once i changed that parameter my canned drill cycle worked fine. But like has been said post program so we can be more accurate.

Looks like mapinto is too busy to get back to us. We may never know how to program canned cycles on a Haas with a Fanuc control.