585,743 active members*
4,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Nakamura tmc-2 Gets a birthday

Nakamura tmc-2 Gets a birthday

Hi guys.
    I recently purchased a nakamura tmc2 from a machine shop. It was hardly getting any use and they had new machines to install so needed the room.
    It has a fanuc 6t control

Comes with a cupboard full of tool holders & soft jaws. Along with collets 3 jaw chuck turning tolls, drill chucks, drill sleeves and the list goes on.
    All manuals were included.

Now for the catch.

The machine when making parts was being operated by a mate if mine. On the day I went to look at it he homed the machine and ran the spindle for a few minutes and set up a small demo program to show me later that day. When I got there I looked over the machine and opened the elect cabs to have a look. Then tried to power it up but just got a 'not ready' screen.

After many months went by and waiting for the owner to fix it I decided to make an offer as is. And it was brought for little money

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...t_looking.html

We love pics

Some of the tooling

After having a look over the machine I noticed this connector had come apart. After some help from cnczone members it was identified as the I/o connector and more than likely the cause of the problem.

I am waiting for the 3 phase to be connected so in the mean time I am cleaning the machine up and doing maintenance jobs till then.

Have been pulling fan covers off and cleaning fans etc. doubt it has ever been done before.

I pulled some internal sheet metal off and by god there is swarf everywhere.

I pulled the auto lube system a part and replaced the showa metering jets and cleaned out the lube lines. Next is service/check the lube pump.

Still got to do turret oil, hyd oil and filter, clean out Coolant tank and much more.

good job, I love seeing old stuff redone

looks like a nice little machine, good luck in the coolant tank cleanout- they can get really nasty if they sit a while, think Id rather clean sewer pipes out than some of the coolant tanks Ive done over the years...

well i got the coolant take cleaned out over the weekend and it wasn't as bad as i expected. i have removed the chip conveyor from the tank as it doesn't work and i wont be using it as it adds so much more depth to the machine.

got many other jobs done as well like pulling off the way wiper seals and cleaning the crud off them and lubing and installing.

found a wire conduit in the tail stock that was cracked and was filling up a terminal box with coolant so could see that causing issues down the track so have removed the wiring conduit and will replace

pulled the filter out of the hyd system so am trying to source a new one of those,

checked the z and spindle brushes, they look like they have heaps of meat left on them. (about 20mm long still at guess)

feel like i am on the home strech now.

the only thing i will be waiting on is the x axis way cover seal. that is ex Germany 10-14 days delivery.

three phase is still a few weeks away anyway so hopefully the machine will be well and truly finished and ready to make parts once the 3 phase is connected.