585,737 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Very odd Okuma OSP5000 alarm

Very odd Okuma OSP5000 alarm

Hello to all of you,

I am a long time reader of this forum, but have never participated until know. I have owned many older Okuma mills over the years and still have some really old machines, including two Mc-5h horizontals w/OSP3000 controls.
    My question today pertains to an MC-60h that has a very old version of an OSP5000 control (green screen) The battery went dead in the machine and to make a very long story short we had to reload the software in the machine (disks & tapes).
    Now I have this alarm Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alarm.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	190548

It says "550 ALARM B Axis interlock releasing" The pallet changer and the tool changer are in the right positions and can be run manually, in fact everything works in manual, but the machine will not do any functions in Auto or MDI.

I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks

find the switch "OT release" or something like that. Must be off for normal job.
    the switch could be located in paper tape reader cabinet

The problem is with door interlock check and confirm also check M184/M185 Chuck open/close interlock release ON/OFF; Main spindle, also check M-tool Spindle Interlock is Off , there is a macro program as i recall .

there is no door interlock. This machine was made in 1983. The alarm manual says refers to machine user parameter word #40, but that is set at 0 just like my other machines. Unfortunately I don't have a set of drawings for this machine. It's a level B alarm which makes it really frustrating -- everything works...just not in Auto or MDI

Thanks for your responses

I agree with the stroke end release switch in the cabinet. Every time I've seen that alarm, that's what it was. Even if it's set to off, check it with a meter and make sure you have 24vdc on it.

Evidently it is an input/output issue. Unfortunately I don't have drawings to this machine...my other ones are too new. Does anyone out there have a "blue book" (electrical drawings) to a OSP5000 Green Screen mill -- MC-60H? MC-50h or 80h would also work -- the I/O the same.
    Thanks

Check your mailbox.

Just thought I'd give you an update: On the newer OSP5000 controls this alarm is controlled by software. On this "ancient" MC-60h this alarm is controlled by 3 "special switches" (Okuma's term) that reside under the boards with the input lights on them (can't remember what they're called). Somehow these 3 toggle switches got disturbed/moved to the wrong position. We couldn't hardly find them even after we were told about the location. The good news is that we are back up and running!
    Those of you who said it must be a switch in the cabinet were right!
    Thanks for all your support.

Re: Very odd Okuma OSP5000 alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Hello to all of you,

I am a long time reader of this forum, but have never participated until know. I have owned many older Okuma mills over the years and still have some really old machines, including two Mc-5h horizontals w/OSP3000 controls.
    My question today pertains to an MC-60h that has a very old version of an OSP5000 control (green screen) The battery went dead in the machine and to make a very long story short we had to reload the software in the machine (disks & tapes).
    Now I have this alarm Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alarm.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	190548

It says "550 ALARM B Axis interlock releasing" The pallet changer and the tool changer are in the right positions and can be run manually, in fact everything works in manual, but the machine will not do any functions in Auto or MDI.

I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Hi Bohemian . . . Do you have that machine yet? Bubble memory of mine was damaged and replaced.
    I need the software for this machine (disks and tapes) because we lost them.

Can you sell me a copy of your software?

Thanks a lot!!