585,668 active members*
4,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > "WIRE BREAKAGE" alarm on Mitsubishi Wire DWC90HA

"WIRE BREAKAGE" alarm on Mitsubishi Wire DWC90HA

I've been getting a "WIRE BREAKAGE" alarm on my Mitsubishi Wire DWC90HA when the wire is running and obviously not broke. The "Wire breakage detection limit switch" beside the wire pulleys has had the wires clipped and taped since I got here so that is out of the picture (I have no idea why that works). Previously I've been pulling and cleaning the S318 wire detection sensor in the auto threading circuitry and that seemed to overcome the problem. However that stopped working and I replaced the sensor with a new one with negative results. I cannot identify any other sensing circuitry that would generate this error (T210) and as long as it is present the machine is inoperable. Has anyone experienced this before and can anyone help with a solution.

I am happy to finally be able to contribute to the knowledge base. Actually I'm passing on MitsTech's contribution. The problem was the carbide contact at the top of the auto wire threader. It needed cleaned and rotated. Because ours is broken and unused I didn't know about it.