585,733 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 19 910111213

Re: Emco Turn 220 P

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    If memory serves, there's a setting on the General Config tab where you select "Ignore Tool Change" and the spindle keeps running if you don't want to spend more quality time fooling around with you post-processor.
    Hi, I tried to change from automatic tool change to ignore tool change but it does not make any difference, I think that option is for something else. I tried to adjust spindle delay in ports and pins and that works 99% OK for me probably I have some problems how my post processor generates G code , as I got it , it was made to stop spindle no mater what I choose in CAM in setup, yesterday I think I manage to find what need to be changed in post processor code in order to output G code according to options that exist in CAM interface. Today need to test how in reality will look result of my adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Consider removing the spindle stop command for tool changes in your post processor. If the spindle keeps spinning, just changes RPM the required amount, it will be at speed quicker.
    Good point, I had in plan to do that but always had more important thing to do. In CAM already exist dialog in which under setup of you machine you can choose does spindle need to be stopped before tool change or not, but as I assumed post processor that I got was not adjusted to take in count what I chose in CAM , now I can say classic.

Here is little update
    I was painting base of machine last Sunday and was 90 % done and needed to rotate base in normal position with help of my brother to finish remaining 10 or 5 % but accident happened , I kept my fingers on wrong place and base of machine ended on tip of my right middle finger, I could pass much worse. So for now need to wait for my bone to attach to remaining of finger, luckily I did not crashed my joint only got fracture of upper bone.
    Irony in all this is that I prepared my self for this situation , I placed wooden blocks under my heavy duty troll on which machine need to land but somehow I mange to put my middle finger under that block. Anyway conclusion is: base is heavy, prevent every possible case to injure yourself, maybe it will take some time but if you can not use your hand or some other extremity you will loose even more time , now as I been told need to wait 4 weeks to bone connect 100% proper with disconnected part.

Till then I am adjusting post processor

Quote Originally Posted by zmajmr View Post
    ...now as I been told need to wait 4 weeks to bone connect 100% proper with disconnected part.
    Ouch, ouch, OUCH!! So sorry to hear that Marko. I hope you'll have no permanent effects from your injury. We all take for granted how much we rely on the fine motor skills & dexterity of our hands. I know I did until I had a hemorrhagic stroke back in November. Lost use of right arm, right leg & talked like I was drunk. Thank goodness I've had a 99% recovery!

Your experience is a reminder to us all that we have to be very careful at all times around machines!

Look at the bright side, just think how much more impressive it'll be to flip someone off with that big 'ol bandage on your middle finger!
    Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Ouch, ouch, OUCH!! So sorry to hear that Marko. I hope you'll have no permanent effects from your injury. We all take for granted how much we rely on the fine motor skills & dexterity of our hands. I know I did until I had a hemorrhagic stroke back in November. Lost use of right arm, right leg & talked like I was drunk. Thank goodness I've had a 99% recovery!

Your experience is a reminder to us all that we have to be very careful at all times around machines!

Look at the bright side, just think how much more impressive it'll be to flip someone off with that big 'ol bandage on your middle finger!
    Glad you recovered as you say 99% , I will be fine I think, it could be 4 time worse because I kept machine with 4 fingers but as middle finger is little longer then other fingers it was just enough to pinch it, it was literally "this is not happening situation" I only heard sound like you squish cherry and that is it, some blood and immediately I knew now comes shock, I set down on my ass eat 2 cookies and sip some water and one hour latter I was in ER, probably not good thing to eat because it depends how damaged you are , maybe you need to go on operation.

You are right, bandage is big , it was funny to me how little kids were smiling to me, like what happened to his finger

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Did some stupid things around lathe but luckily lather gloves saved my finger , accidentally I manage to insert index finger between aluminum pulley and v belt during cutting threads operation on my small Quantum lathe, you need to go forward reverse like 10 times until you cut thread and if you loose concentration for just second you can crash threading tool into spindle , so I took protective cover from lathe, area where are pulleys and gears so I stopped spindle by hand in lowest gear that machine have, and probably you can imagine how in one moment my finger ended between tension ed v belt and aluminum v shaped pulley, finger was pressed only 1 to seconds but when I pull it out of gloves it had shape of aluminum pulley (inner said), so glove saved my finger but I mange to damage nerve in finger, did not feel anything in finger one month, later it recovered but when it is cold like it goes numb and reminds me on feeling that I had after I removed gloves. Also experienced shock that time , instant sweat and all that jazz so I knew what will happen now when I crushed this finger from emco story.
    Will try to be more smarter and more careful from now on

I took me only 3 years

Got new old problem

Can macro scrip run parallel with execution of G code ???

So basically , I think that will need to buy PLC with fast inputs , macro that I made for controlling oil pump can not work in same time while g code is executing, and most of travel of machine you have while you executes g code. So if I did not conclude something wrong seams I will need new PLC with fast inputs. I am uploading video ...

here is video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiXE-lEhwfE

I said in video 20 seconds instead of 8 seconds, I do not think straight when I speak English

Page 11 of 19 910111213