Login
Page 18 of 19 816171819

Re: Emco Turn 220 P

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    Hi jmazmr,

What softwares are you using for lathe?

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk
    Hi
    I use Mach3 and Partmaster Lathe for CAM and Solidworks 2001 for CAD (even you get CAD software from Dolphine with Partmaster Lathe but it is not so easy to use as Solidworks), sorry for late replay, did not got notification that somebody wrote something in topic.
    Marko

Thanks Marko.

Quote Originally Posted by zmajmr View Post
    Hi zmajmr.

I haven't gotten round to reading through this thread yet, but have you taken the turret assembly apart? The paint is chipped in a lot of places on mine and is starting to rust so I was going to remove it all from the X ways to paint it properly so it looks nice, but everything is already aligned quite nicely. I'm wondering if it has some pins or something to realign it easily on assembly or whether it will be a pain in the arse and I should just remove the rust and touch up with a paint pen to protect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Hi zmajmr.

I haven't gotten round to reading through this thread yet, but have you taken the turret assembly apart? The paint is chipped in a lot of places on mine and is starting to rust so I was going to remove it all from the X ways to paint it properly so it looks nice, but everything is already aligned quite nicely. I'm wondering if it has some pins or something to realign it easily on assembly or whether it will be a pain in the arse and I should just remove the rust and touch up with a paint pen to protect it.

Hi, I took it apart, many times, it have one pivoting pin, it is not hard to align it, I recommend to take it apart and clean it and paint it.

https://youtu.be/9bFBNiUZqSw

https://youtu.be/-7IbNNo9rEw

https://youtu.be/uXWGFcOQzd8?t=10m52s

https://youtu.be/mYj3Hr-ukhU
    I made few more videos about toolchanger and they are all in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by zmajmr View Post
    Hi, I took it apart, many times, it have one pivoting pin, it is not hard to align it, I recommend to take it apart and clean it and paint it.

https://youtu.be/9bFBNiUZqSw

https://youtu.be/-7IbNNo9rEw

https://youtu.be/uXWGFcOQzd8?t=10m52s

https://youtu.be/mYj3Hr-ukhU
    I made few more videos about toolchanger and they are all in this topic.
    Thank you.

Yes, I have begun reading this thread and watching videos from the start. I saw the pin hole.

Wow, your machine was filthy, what a lot of work! Mine is very good really, it's all original paint. It has just worn a bit and would like to get it looking finished and protected whilst it has a week with nothing to do.

Hi again zmajmr.

Where are the grease points on the machine?

I have found the 3 grease nipples under the front of the X axis, and a grease nipple on each ball screw nut. Are there any others? Or do the Z axis ways get lubricated via one of the 3 nipples under the X axis?

My machine does not have the automatic oiler anymore so I need to do this manually.

Thanks.

Hi,

recently i bought emco turn 120 tm02, but i do not work the controls i can not run anything, so i wanted to upgrade to the newer system if you can help me update it and make it possible

Quote Originally Posted by Josip-viking View Post
    Hi,

recently i bought emco turn 120 tm02, but i do not work the controls i can not run anything, so i wanted to upgrade to the newer system if you can help me update it and make it possible
    Hi, you are in good thread, just read it and watch it and ask if something you do not understand. I will help as much as I can.

It will take him one day to read and 3 months to watch.

It will take him one day to read and 3 months to watch.

Yes , but it is free.

In short lines, buy Mach3 Turn, buy CSMIO IP-S motion controller (expensive one supports cutting thread while M version does not support it) and modules for it (for encoder and MPG) , buy VFD and AC 3 kW motor, 2 x 4Nm stepper motor or stepper with encoder from Leadshine or from other brand or buy servo motors (which are more expensive but you will have better performances, faster rapid feedrate and less annoying stepper motor characteristic noises) , there exist some controller card for controlling tool changer which works with Mach3 , or make tool changer to work as third axis (which I did), I used 2 Nm stepper motor with encoder instead DC motor with planetery gearbox to turn turret from toolchanger, you will need some relays for controlling valves on machine (I used solid state relays which I bought on ebay), you will need encoder which you need to connect to encoder module, you need encoder so you can measure RPM and so you can cut threads on lathe. Also I use additional VFD for powering coolant pump because I do not have three phase current in my workshop. If you want rapid decelerating of your AC motor you will need breaking resistor which you connect to VFD , in my Mach3 folder you have all macros that I use and how my Mach3 screen looks like (it is all free). Read Mach3 manual so you get some idea what all need to be set up in it and what all can be done, read manual from your VFD so you know how to connect it to your motion controller. It is simple process in global but you need to adjust lot of things.

The most important thing is to buy motion controller which supports cutting threads, do not make mistake like me, I bought some relatively cheap one, with which was not possible to cut threads so I started process of conversion for second time.

Some people use Linux CNC for conversion, some use Centroid Acorn

(like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj5_By6IwIM) ,

probably there exist some other options which are cheaper like with LPT port card / motion controller but with them you can not use real industry standard encoder , which means you will not be able to make so good quality threads with out of problems, I can chase treads with my setup with zero problems.

So this is in global what you can do or if you do not understand anything of it, watch videos to get feeling , I remember when I started to read Mach3 manual before lot of years I did not understand anything basically.

when i turn on the machine I get alram 080 coolant pump overload and 020 main drive not redy, and can not set the reference point and can not change the tool

I know how to program and control the machine but I do not understand the electronics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2018-07-21 at 08.59.06.jpg  
    Last edited by Josip-viking; 07-21-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josip-viking View Post
    when i turn on the machine I get alram 080 coolant pump overload and 020 main drive not redy, and can not set the reference point and can not change the tool

I know how to program and control the machine but I do not understand the electronics.
    Join to this group and ask for help https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ons/topics/475

I bought machine with 1 axis broken and removed original DC motor , and missing tool changer card plus I do not have 3 phase current so I never tried to use original controller and still do not know anything useful to share.

Maybe your coolant pump motor is stuck so you get alarm, try to test somehow is your coolant motor in working shape.

Hi again zmajmr, do you know what motor drives the tool turret and where I can find another?

Using the original electrics. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Hi again zmajmr, do you know what motor drives the tool turret and where I can find another?

Using the original electrics. Thanks.
    Hi
    I do not know, I sold my original motor to one guy so I do not have information. Try to look on ebay and ebay.de

Well, I use 6 pole motor in my lathe because over 1500 RPM is not necessary for me.

At what speed does it start to vibrate?

Very nice machine you have by the way.

Well, I use 6 pole motor in my lathe because over 1500 RPM is not necessary for me.

At what speed does it start to vibrate?

Very nice machine you have by the way.

Hi, it vibrate over 3000 RPM , motor is designed for 1500, as I read it should be balanced for 3000 RPM, but I mounted belt pulley so it is question is it balanced good, also it say you should balance dynamical pulley if you use it, anyway vibrations are not top problem at the moment. Spindle is heavy and it should be dynamically balanced and it is not, so all together some vibrations you can see but it is not big problems as it maybe looks on video, camera is sensitive so it looks worse then it is.

I recently got my hands on one of these babies with T1 controll. Thank you Marko for all excellent videos on YouTube, and thats awesome work on restoring it. This is my 4th Emco (V10P, 5 PC CNC and F1). For now I wont go down the retrofit lane, its working machine (and I got tired while retrofiting Compact5 and F1).

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooterSer View Post
    I recently got my hands on one of these babies with T1 controll. Thank you Marko for all excellent videos on YouTube, and thats awesome work on restoring it. This is my 4th Emco (V10P, 5 PC CNC and F1). For now I wont go down the retrofit lane, its working machine (and I got tired while retrofiting Compact5 and F1).
    Hi, thank you on nice words, cool to hear you have such nice machines

Page 18 of 19 816171819