584,841 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Ruffing, 2d contour

Ruffing, 2d contour

When you use 2D Contour machine, is there a way to have the cutter start outside of the part? For water line machine its on option under stratagies I believe. But I did not see anything like that for the 2D contour machine, such as lead in, lead out.

Thanks

I use 2d contour often and I use the stock option and the quantity, number of passes to rough it out, then in a separate operation I use one pass to clean it up (finish Pass), with stock set at 0.

I think the "stock" setting in parameters may be what you are looking for, that will cut the part oversize by the positive value entered in the box.
    mike sr

Hi Scott,
    There is a lead in, lead out option in the 2D contouring op.

Attachment 190468

But, I never use it in 2D contouring, I use the dynamic lead in lead out function.
    In the Job Assignment tab you can use your mouse to drag the lead in and lead out to where ever you want it to be. Be sure to click on Reset and run after you have dragged the lead in, lead out to their positions to make the changes stick.
    Here is a link to one of Eric's video's that covers that subject, it is mentioned around 3:20 in the video.

Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Hi, Gerry. I took a very close look at the attached image you sent and need to mention that I'm using SC 8. I just checked my computer and the lead in, lead out option is missing in the most current build. I'm checking right now for an update. Thanks