584,833 active members*
5,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Evaluation?

Evaluation?

Is the post processor in the 30 day evaluation version of ZW3D CAM crippled, or is it the same as the licensed version?

As I understood in the past, it is a full functional copy during the evaluation, in another word, the post processor works as the licensed copy.

Glen,

I've been a mostly happy user of ZW3D CAD/CAM for a few years. I'm not saying that it's perfect but the blend of the CAD and CAM to me is a good thing. I helped a few friends who recently tried the 30 day evaluation version of ZW3D 2013. The post-processors that came with the trial are fully functional and identical to the ones if you purchased the CAM capabilities in ZW3D. Some generic post-processors are there but that doesn't mean they will work with whatever machines you have. Maybe or maybe not. One guy found one of the post-processors that worked almost perfectly with his Fadal. He primarily does fundamental 2 axis with some occasional 3 axis simultaneous. The other guy had Mori-Seiki's, had more complicated post-processing requirements (complex 3 axis simultaneous and some 3+2 rotational work), and we had to make modifications to the default post to make it work.

A few of the ZW3D US resellers have much experience in CAM.

Though I didn't need it I think they are capable of helping on post-processor issues.

Adam