585,749 active members*
3,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Dmv 4020

Dmv 4020

Hey all, I'm new on this forum. I searched the forum, but could not find what I was looking for.

I have a DMV 4020, and my front window is now badly scratched up and would like to replace it. I'm wondering what material is it made of? We just replaced the glass on our puma and it is glass and then plexi, but for the DMV 4020 is looks like it is just plexi. Am I correct in thinking this? I got a quote from the dealer and it was astronomical!! Could I just replace it with standard plexi?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

IMO I think you'll want to use polycarbonate instead because, unlike plexi, it won't shatter as easily (if I'm not mistaken they use polycarbonate for bullet proofing). The stuff isn't cheap but 1) safety is priceless 2) it dosen't have to be as thick as plexi.

Carlo

Thanks for the input carlo. I'm guessing that's what is on the machine right now, and I don't want to sacrifice safety for cost. I assume that poly is available for puchase much like plexi? I am now just curious about the cost of poly if bought elsewhere. I'll have to look into it.