sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm posting this here because everything I have was bought from ATI.

Setup:I have the 425oz/in 3 axis kit, to which I added another 425oz in motor and the same 4030 driver. It came with a C10 BoB. I am running mach 3 through an ethernet smoothstepper.

Pointless jabber: Immediately after buying the ESS everything was great. Super fast rapids (relative to before), near perfect circles, etc. Everything I could ask for from an at home CNC. Then my computer crashed. So I got a newer one, and reset everything, but now I've got an intermittent problem. Everything moves very smoothly on my Taig machine, and I've verified there is no binding on any of the 4 axises.

Problem: Sometimes when I go to move more than one axis, whether it be through gcode i've built in Rhino, or manually using the arrow keys, one or more of the motors freezes up. I had this problem before i bought the ESS, but buying that fixed it for the most part. I say the most part because I was never able to move all four axises at the same time. One of them just wouldn't work while the other 3 were moving, gcode or manual. I could always move 3 together though. The difference then was that the motors acted like they weren't getting input at all. They remained silent in their hold position. NOW, they seem to be slipping poles-they make a medium pitched "eeeeerrrrrrrr" noise, but don't move anywhere, all the while mach3 is just going about it's business thinking nothing is wrong.

more jabber: I assume the first problem was a hardware issue. I'm thinking either the computer couldn't send that many inputs to the ESS, or the ESS couldn't transmit that much, or the BoB couldn't control that much-all 4 axises at the same time. if I could move all 4 axises at the same time, that would be great, so if you happen to be able to solve that problem that'll be great too.

I think this issue is probably software and/or settings. But I don't know where to begin. All the settings from the old computer are now slower for this computer, even though this computer is stronger. I wanted to go more conservative with these settings.

I live in hawaii, so my replys won't be super quick because of the time difference from most of you. Please let me know any other information you need to help solve this, and admin please relocate this to the correct forum if it is in fact in the wrong area.