585,605 active members*
3,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DynaMechtronics DM1007

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have any feedbacks on the Dynamechtronics DM1007. From looking at their website it seems fairly capable for a small VMC. 6 ATC, 200ipm rapids, 8000rpm, 550kgs. Although table travels do seem a bit limited.

Do any of you have any other info or experience with them, or know how much $ they want for that machine?

thanks.

When I worked for Dyna many moons ago, that machine sold for about $30K retail. I do not know what price it goes for now. It is a remarkable machine as the control is the same one used on the full size 20hp VMCs.

they should really update there website

There isn't anyone left to update the site. When I worked for them, there were about 60 people at the San Jose facility with a few regional application/tech guys around the country. The basic iron arrived in ship containers and all electrical/electronics were installed and tested in SJ in a 50,000 sq ft building. All software for the 4M control was done in house along with board design and wiring. Despite being a Chinese owned company, a remarkable amount of the machine was born in the USA.

They now have six people left working in San Jose and that's all for North America.

so basicly they saw to big to fast

That's pretty much it. There were some quality control issues along with pushing their PC based control to market before it was really ready. The result was alienating both dealers and end-users in a very short period of time with inconsistent machines. By the time quality had been addressed and bugs worked out of the control, folks had lost confidence in the brand.

Is the the same machine for $25k? "VMC 10"
    http://www.minitechcnc.com/vmc10/vmc...ing_center.htm

That's the same one. Looking closely at the middle picture on that page you can still make out Dyna Myte on the head. And the control specs refer to the Dyna control.

I recently bought a used Dyna DM3000H lathe that wasn't in the best condition when it arrived. I've had to replace air lines, reverse a few sensors, and replace a dead PC board...

The service guy at Dyna has been extremely helpful in getting everything worked out with this machine. Emails are often returned the same day, sometimes with scanned attachments from the maintenance manuals! He seems to really know his stuff about their machines.

I definitely would not have been able to get this thing back in running condition without his help.

Dave

well i dont know but at 24k the minitechcnc seems a bit overpriced

Ataxy, it depends on the type of work you do with it. As a hobby machine, it is likely more than needed. However, mold and die shops loved them because graphite electrodes for their EDM machines could be made on the little Dyna instead of tying up the big full size VMCs. Medical device companies like them because they are benchtops that don't require much space. There was one sold to a compay that made body piercing jewelry. An optical company in Oregon bought one.

dammachines, glad to head they are still helpful regarding support for the SKIP control. Those can be great little lathes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprirs
    dammachines, glad to head they are still helpful regarding support for the SKIP control. Those can be great little lathes.
    Yes, it is a very nice machine. The only question they haven't answered for me is about the possibility of replacing the motor drivers with something like Geckos. The problem is the lathe sat for several years before I picked it up so some of the electronics are a little flakey. I can see the 48V power, Step, and Direction lines. However, there's a line marked "Here" (if I remember correctly) that I'm wondering about.

Oh, running an Ah-ha controller retrofit as well...

Dave

How do you like the Ah-ha control? Even 10 years ago, Dyna was recomending that conversion to customers with older machines as an improvement.