585,781 active members*
3,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Please Help with Arrow 1000 acting up!

Please Help with Arrow 1000 acting up!

Hello, I have a 1996 Arrow 1000, 2100 controller, and things have gone astray Currently, it will not boot and I have a Blue Screen with a lot of text on it!!
    In the last couple of days, it has shut off in the middle of a cycle and giving me a 39-47 alarm screen, Axes "drive ready" signal missing. On the couple of times it did this, just re powered, hit data reset and was back running. A little later , it stopped moving, spindle still running, no alarms, would take a spindle stop command, but would not do a data reset, would take no commands on the controller, just spindle stop on the pendent.
    Was able to reboot and continue on...for just a few minutes. Same thing all over again but now boots to the Blue screen with all the text...

In that text, a statement of note, inaccessaible boot device

I have tried rebooting now several times, still comes back to the blue screen with all the text.
    Thank you in advance for any help offered!

Bill Newman

Next Step Racing LLC/ Western Performance

DSCN1546_01.JPG (252.8 KB)

DSCN1547_01_01.JPG (274.9 KB)

Thanks to Maver1ck's great service, We are up and running once again!

What did he say? I have seen it before but it was several years ago.

Maver1ck repaired my hard drive!

In his case, the hard drive did not have a mechanical failure, and the issue was that the software had been corrupted. In many cases, as long as I receive the hard drive before others work on it and cause more extensive issues, I am able to restore the hard drive to working condition. After repairing the corrupted data I run the hard drive through a battery of tests to confirm that it does not have a pending failure. In this case, everything passed with no red flags, so don't anticipate any further issues in the near future.

And, since it was his hard drive, all software and settings were still intact when I sent it back to him so it was ready to install in his machine and run immediately.

I realize other people have purchased used hard drives to get around a failed hard drive issue with their machine, but not knowing the history of the hard drive being purchased, it could have a pending failure, incompatible software, options configured that conflict with machine hardware, different comp tables, etc, so whenever possible, if I can restore a hard drive to working condition, it is, in my opinion, the better option.

And that's Exactly what happened! I got my Hard drive back from maver1ck, plugged it in, My tool set was in there, my part position was there, the program I was running when things crashed etc, it was all still there, just like nothing had ever gone wrong!!!!

maver1ck is da the MAN!!!!

I agree with you Maver1ck has been a great help to me as well.Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing the info. It's a very helpful guide.

Hello Maverick I have a CNC cincinati dart-500 alarm 39-47 axes drives overload is it needs help