584,858 active members*
4,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V24 Feature - Posting/Work Offset saving

V24 Feature - Posting/Work Offset saving

When saving a feature in BobCad V24, How do you get the Posting/Work Offset number desired to save?
    For example... When I change the Work Offset number from #1 to #2 and save the feature, it reverts back to #1.
    Is this possible?

Make sure you re-compute tool path after you change work offset #.Then save file.

jrmach,

My files are all OK. It's when I save a feature, not a file, then recall or re-load a "saved feature" into the same file or a different file. That's when the Work Offset revents back.

The work offset is not being saved in the features. It is being picked up by the stock definition. Milling Stock-Edit.

Yeah,it will.Also beware of your tool #'s also.

Try to right click milling stock,then edit,at the bottom change it there it should stay put then

What you are saying is true. But for my application, each of my features has either a Work Offset of #1 and an Work Offset of #2. For example... I have two heads on the machine, the Work Offset switches head #2 (which is for drilling) into the Head #1's (which is for routing) position for use. If I change the Milling Stock Work offset ALL features in the program are changed to the same Offset.

I tried changing the Milling Stock Work Offset from #1 to #54, then created a new feature and saved it. Then loaded the newly saved feature into the program. All was fine until I changed the Milling Stock Offset back to #1. Looks like the Stock Milling Offset trumps all other offsets, because it changed the #54 back to #1 in the feature. This being the case, means I can't save a feature with a different Work Offset other than what the Stock Milling Offset defines.

I can change the Work Offset manually, which I have been doing. This allows me to have two different work offsets in one program.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

I thought offset 1=54
    2=55
    3=56
    and so on and so on

That must be how your post is set up. Due to me having an old machine that only has two heads and NO tool changer. I only switch to the second head and back. I am the tool changer.