584,837 active members*
5,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Researchers for Adaptive Clearing wanted

Researchers for Adaptive Clearing wanted

Hello. We've just completed our first attempt at making our funky Z-clearing algorithm work through a web-page for anyone to try out for free.

http://www.freesteel.co.uk/cgi-bin/adaptiverough.py

Don't all rush at once and drive our server into the ground, but feel free to try anything out. We'll try to keep it running and fix it when it crashes, but we can only do this during the day (local time in Liverpool).

We've done our best with it, and now we're looking for some applicable suggestions, both on this web interface idea, and on the toolpaths themselves... if someone actually gets far enough to actually try cutting with them.

I would try it, If I didn't have to dowload another browser

You should try an corral a fellow in Cambridge with the first name "Martin" you would
    have to email me for his last name...he's forgotten more than most know relative
    to that subject...and his opinions are usually wright.

It's working again

The first person to try it broke the system by uploading a file with spaces in it. The problem is now fixed. Please have another go.

Yes, this lack of compatibility between firefox and internet explorer is a problem. You almost have to write completely different versions of the javascript software to cope with it. As explained in the FAQ, we have limited resources and can only make it work for one browser at a time. Since firefox is free to download and can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux, there is no technical barrier to anyone using it, and it is very good (it has tabbing!). I console myself that people who are instinctively averse to trying out new browser software for free probably won't like what we're doing anyway.

I console myself that people who are instinctively averse to trying out new browser software for free probably won't like what we're doing anyway.
    I, agree.

wow. thats amazing. why are you creating this?
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info