584,316 active members*
6,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Impact Driver and DRILL Question

Hello...i am currently shopping around for a new cordless drill but i want to get the most bang for my buck that i can possibly get...i can get a cordless drill and turn it into an impact driver with this adapter Link ..
    or i can get a real Impact driver and turn it into a drill with this adapter Link ...
    the problem is, with the drill to impact driver adapter it might not be strong enough for real use ( also depending on the drill you originally have )
    and the problem with the impact driver to drill chuck, it might wobble a bit and might not get any precision drilling from it......any body with enough experience to help me out here and clear what would actually work here?...thank you..

Ya, don't waste your time with that garbage.
    get something BUILT for both
    Drills, Drivers, & Bits | Drills & Drivers-Hammer,Cordless | 1/2" (13mm) 18V Cordless XRP™ Hammerdrill/Drill/Driver Kit, 450 Watts | B242820 - GlobalIndustrial.com

or..

buy a std cordless and if your just setting screws, the new Makita driver is absolutely AWESOME.
    MAKITA Industrial Power Tools - Tool Details - LXDT04CW

Here is the Makita all in one version

Hammer Drills & Rotary Hammers | MSCDirect.com

thank you guys...i was originally looking at this one M28? Cordless Lithium-Ion 7/16" Hex Impact Wrench | Milwaukee Tool ..and wanted to squeeze every penny out of it by turning it into a precision drill also with the adapter....would that work?..or id be better off with your recommendations? thank you guys..

Nope.
    1. you'll never get a drill to not wobble in the hex.
    2. You cant turn off the hammer function.

You can get drills with the hex drive, good for wood. Enough force to drill metals, it will start its hammer function breaking drills off.

are there any impact drivers were you can turn off the impact or hammering effect?

i was thinking maybe this would work..this SHOCKWAVE? 1/4" HEX ADAPTER SQ 3/8" | Milwaukee Tool then on top of this adapter this http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21595 ...and you would effectively turn your impact driver to a high powered srill with minimal wobble...of coarse to turn off the impact/hammering effect would also help....any good drills that you can turn off the impact/hamering on?...

The first dewalt I posted. Makita has one to. Both full size.

Last couple of power tools I got from these guys, CPO Outlets | New and Reconditioned Power Tools, Pressure Washers, Tankless Water Heaters, Vacuums, Ceiling Fans, and more! They couldn't be told from new, and the warranty was twice the length of what the factory gives.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... they actually have pretty good prices on some reconditioned tools....oh my goodness you dont know how grateful i am...definately going to buy here.. do you of any other cheap tools places?

Quote Originally Posted by infomatrix View Post
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... they actually have pretty good prices on some reconditioned tools....oh my goodness you dont know how grateful i am...definately going to buy here.. do you of any other cheap tools places?
    They sell under a couple of different names, but still the same company. A lot of people don't want a "reconditioned" tool. But with the better warranty and prices, I look there first.

I always figured a 'reconditioned' was better than a new one. The reconditioned is gone over one at a time to figure out whats wrong, totally inspected. A new one YOUR the final inspector.