585,992 active members*
5,292 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help!! Partner V16

Hello excuse if you disorder, i have a Partner Milltronics infra-VM16 with centurion I also
    am a problem similar to yours, in the sense that i think has the memory of the ISA card (to be exact the one that communicates with the axis tab) corrupt.
    TO me when I turn on the machine doesn't load the system, and i always do the setup from dos the same to be able to access it, and doing the setup i found 720 kb 400 kb corrupted.
    The problem is still there every time I turn off the machine, which among other things does not work and it gives me error 450
    there is a provisional system for your use? I think that the problem is the file pfile.dat now lost.
    Someone has the file in question with the configuration compatible with the following machine?
    The machine is this: Partner V16 with Milltronics Centurion VI
    Thanks to the people who i know illuminate..

The 450 error is normal whenever the machine is in E-Stop condition. Pressing the Re-Set button should cause the machine to re-set and remove the 450 error.

There was a back-up floppy disk with the parameters included with the manuals when the machine was shipped, maybe you can find it. If not, you can get a copy of the pfile.dat and the rest of the parameter files from Milltronics. Send an e-mail to [email protected] with your serial number and they should be able to send them to you.

tankx..and sorry for my english!!

No need for the apology, your English is LOTS better than my Italian.

Hi ggforce, her is some mor information for you. When you reformat the SRAM you notice that it says 720Kb and 400Kb are bad. The reason is that the format process formats the simdisk as a 720Kb disk, most machines did not have the full 720K ram option. so the process does not "see" the rest of the memory and reports is as "bad" In reality it is just not there. This is normal.
    Reformating the SMAR install a " general" Pfile.dat file to get the machine to boot and bring up the the software. The specific parameters for you machine would then need to be loaded to get the machine to "run normally" If you have the parameter floppy disk, insert the disk into the floppy drive, on the front penel press F7 ( prams) F7 (load) it will prompt you to "over write" the exsisting files, press Y (yess) and then enter. the files will be loaded into the SRAM. Cycle the power on the machine to enable the "new" parameters.

The 450 is a " e-stop" condition. It is normal for the machine to boot up into a "red message error 450" pressing the green reset button with reset the machine and the 450 error will be removed. pressing the e-stop button on the front panel will e-stop the machine and the 450 error will reapear.
    If the machine is "stuck" on a limit switch, you can jog off the limit by pressing and holding in the reset button and the pressing the jog button for the axis on the switch.
    The machine will also go into e-stop if the over travel limit switches are pressed (or shorted or stuck) the machine will also e-stop if you have a drive or axis problems error 449, or errors 407 X, 408 Y, 409 Z. will come up.

Please let US know how things are going and if you need any help.

Sportybob