584,866 active members*
5,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3 phase spindle spin up time

Hi all
    just bought and tested my Chinese 1.5Kw spindle, I run a small home built 400mm x 600mm working area machine, purchased the new spindle as was not happy with Kress spindle too much run out and movement in the bearings.
    My question is the spin up time is 14 seconds before it gets to the set speed, is there a way of reducing this time within the VFD.
    reply direct to me via this email "[email protected]" or on the forum.

Thank you in advance if you can help

You can adjust the Accel/decel time, just need to look at the manual for the vfd.

I run a Hitachi vfd, loaded the biggest heaviest tool I had in it and adjusted the ramp times until it didn't fault when going from 0-24000 and 24000-0. Ended up somewhere around 2 seconds Accel and 3.5 decel.

Sent from tapatalk

Hi
    I have the Huanyang inverter 1phase input 220v 1.5Kw power for my chinese spindle, no data on the spindle as they don't come with a manual or model type.
    Have checked the VFD manual and PD014 to PD020 even numbers are accel time and PD015 to PD021 uneven numbers decel time, it appears this is set to 14 seconds I am only needing the spin up time to decrease to 2-5 seconds, the sequence of pressing the buttons is the problem, not thick but there are very poor examples of programming shown in the manual.

Sorted, press PRGN once, press double arrow key to change program no. ,press up and down key to change no. of program , press set, to change unit size, press double arrow button, to change displayed time delay use up and down cursor keys, When finisnhed press "set", display states end on screen, spin up time set.

Thank you for your help