585,698 active members*
3,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > In need of some serious CAMWorks help!!
Page 2 of 2 12
    Ok,

Went to the Techdb then to mill found the tool crib but I can not change the number of total stations or add to this Db screen.

It doesn't matter which one you use, i would pick the haas. You can reaname to what ever you like. As for the number of tool stations the only way i know of to add more is to open the Tech DB and select Tooling, Mill Tooling, Tool Crib and then change to the number of stations you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	196072

Ok,

I figured out that I was in the "Mill Machine Parameters". I did find my way to the "mill tool crib" section and found the Haas tool crib. I changed the number from 12 to 20 and it even allowed me to pick a tool and add it to number 12 but when I went back to the Mill Machine parameters screen it still shows 12. I went back to the Mill Tool Crib screen and it still says 20 but I can not add any more tools.

As you can see I have no idea as to what I am doing or what the software wants me to do. I am willing to try and learn but I have 5 hours in on trying to get this to work today and I seem to have nothing.

Am I really the only one that is having this much difficulty with this software? Trying to stay positive.

Ok,

Figured out that I did not scroll down far enough and now I can add tool number 13. Hey making progress.

Ok how do I find or insert a screw machine length drill bit or does the software have this in a library somewhere? I remember one of the selling points was the large array of tool libraries.

Anyone know what a "U" or "HP" drill bit is/are? What is a "D2400" series drill? can I import a standard set of screw machine length drill bits into the Db or do I have to create everyone that I use in my operations one at a time?

Thanks t-th for stepping in on this. It sounds like you hit it on the head! CAMWorks is set up where you can modify most things without ever messing in the TechDB. You need to go there for setting up a machine and pointing that machine to a post, but other stuff you can easily modify inside of CAMWorks.

Willyn - You dont HAVE to set up a toolcrib. You can just add tools as you go. If you run Automatic Feature Recognition, any tools you dont have will be added at the end of the toolcrib. Yes, it is a little easier to program if you have your tools listed right there for you, but I would suggest getting the toolpath creation down, and then mess with optimizing CAMWorks.

CAMWorks was kind of hard for me to pick up on right away. It was just so different from what I was used to using. A couple things to keep in mind...
    - Everything starts with a Feature. The first Tab in the CAMWorks tree is the Feature Tab. You create a feature, then you put toolpath on that feature.
    - Every single 2 axis feature can be machined using the list of features given. Pocket, Open Pocket, Slot, Corner Slot and so on.
    - The Technology Database is just a list of defaults. There is no NEED to mess with it unless you are looking to change defaults to speed up programming.
    - CAMWorks loads with a full set of tutorials and a Quick Start Guide. Check out your Start/CAMWorks/Manuals

I am sorry for the late reply on this. I will make a point to check back here more often!!

Page 2 of 2 12