584,800 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Vickers 2100 won't boot, scrambled screen

Vickers 2100 won't boot, scrambled screen

My vickers 2100 control is acting up. Replaced CMOS batteries and re-entered parameters in the BIOS.

After the blue Windows NT screen I get this on the screen then nothing. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

This is what happens to a specific vintage WS board when the WS battery goes dead. If you re-entered the settings, you didn't get them correct. I suppose it is also possible that your board is bad, but the chances of that happening exactly when you change the battery seems pretty slim unless it was damaged when you were removing or installing it.

Since you mentioned changing the "batteries", you more than likely also lost the RT settings as well, so once your WS board is set up properly, your machine still will not run until your RT board is re-flashed.

I received your PM, but haven't had time to respond, and will need additional information. You may be able to configure the WS board yourself, but if you need help with the RT board, you will have to send it to me. I will respond to your PM when I get a chance with the additional information needed.

It looking like I'm having the same problem here. I haven't removed the battery at this time. My bios version is 1.00.13.CV2 . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Shaun

More than likely just the battery died. That BIOS version was used on several different boards, send me a PM with the board part number (it is in the format 3-424-xxxx) and I'll see what I can do.

Re: Vickers 2100 won't boot, scrambled screen

Hi, I'm new here, I have the same problem, that image appears on my screen,

I bought the equipment and it came with a fault , someone could help me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
    My vickers 2100 control is acting up. Replaced CMOS batteries and re-entered parameters in the BIOS.

After the blue Windows NT screen I get this on the screen then nothing. Any ideas?

Hello, you have solved your problem??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    More than likely just the battery died. That BIOS version was used on several different boards, send me a PM with the board part number (it is in the format 3-424-xxxx) and I'll see what I can do.
    Where can I contact you?

Re: Vickers 2100 won't boot, scrambled screen

The quote you posted says how to contact me.....Send a PM. Depending on which board you have (and your ability level), this could be a simple fix, or it could require you to send the board out for repair.