585,676 active members*
5,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Motion Controller

My CNC machine, multicam 1000, plasma is down. I think the motion controller, M2545, manufactured by Extratech is the problem as its inputs are receiving power but there's no power at the outputs. Only one of the four lights is showing from the device. However, I opened the damn thing and there was no soot or scent of something having burnt out. Same thing for everything in its circuit.

The supply cable of the extraction motor was really warm at the time and I think this is where the problem originated as the earth cable was burnt on the end connected to the earth terminal, and since they shared this terminal.

The problem is that I'm stuck at the moment. How much does this thing even cost, how can I be sure its the problem?

The Extratech controller is custom made for MultiCam. I suggest calling their tech service department....they are very good at supporting the machines they have in the field!

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Sendawul View Post
    My CNC machine, multicam 1000, plasma is down. I think the motion controller, M2545, manufactured by Extratech is the problem as its inputs are receiving power but there's no power at the outputs. Only one of the four lights is showing from the device. However, I opened the damn thing and there was no soot or scent of something having burnt out. Same thing for everything in its circuit.

The supply cable of the extraction motor was really warm at the time and I think this is where the problem originated as the earth cable was burnt on the end connected to the earth terminal, and since they shared this terminal.

The problem is that I'm stuck at the moment. How much does this thing even cost, how can I be sure its the problem?

are you fixed up or do you still need some help. M2524 have a handheld pendant, does that power up? can you get a connection in motion mechanic?