585,956 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Source of Miniature End Mills?

Source of Miniature End Mills?

Dear Friends - Looking for a cost effective source of miniature end mills & cutters for my Taig cnc mill. Would like to know if you would share your links, sites that you the members have discovered with this senior citizen.

Will be using them for cutting smaller designs on wax, plastic, soft metals, etc. engraving. I believe they come in conical, flat end, ball end, tapered ends and what have you?

Surplus & specials would be OK for this beginner. Your assistance & suggestions concerning this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to help with my request! PW

pepperwood

Harvey tool, have everything you need, but they are pricey, there are other suppliers that may have what you want as well

For surplus & specials try Ebay
    Mactec54

I buy a lot on Ebay mostly because the Ebay vendors have what they are selling in stock. For some specialty tiny long reach stuff I usually buy MicroutUSA. I used to buy direct from Kyocera for bigger orders of specialty sutff (which I use more than most folks) but my last experience with them was so ****ty that I just didn't want to deal with them again. (It was my 4th or 5th order from them too.) Harvey is OK, but its hard to find a vendor with stock of the specialty stuff. I have three or four catalogs from small carbide endmills on my desk, but they all could give a crap about personal service to a guy who only buys a few hundred dollars of endmills at a time. I goto the guys on Ebay where service equates directly to reputation.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Drillman 1 (carbide plus) (Ollie) on Ebay is also sparktech inc. He deals directly with Kyocera and is a pure joy to deal with. 9 times out of 10 if he doesn't have it listed on Ebay he can get it for you in a few days.

Sent from tapatalk