585,605 active members*
3,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC-OM / re: Servo and turret adjust switch alarm messages

FANUC-OM / re: Servo and turret adjust switch alarm messages

I have a 1988 FANUC (aka P & W) TAPE DRILL MATE JR. that I've owned since new and it's never given me any real trouble. It sat idle for a few years while I was starting up a new business, and now I can't get it out of not ready alarm state.

SERVO ALARMS 414, 424, 434 X-Y-Z :axis detect errors. For these alarms codes, diagnostics 720-723.4 states: An improper current alarm has occurred. Not over or under voltage. What does improper current mean?.
    (I attached photos showing the red LEDs "HC and SO" on the main boards.)

The second is stated as an operator message but can be found in the alarm code section of the manual.

OPERATOR MESSAGE - NO.2004 / TURRET ADJUST SWITCH ON (manual says: Tool change area detecting switch is reset)

I was told the main servo amplifier board was bad, so $2k later... I still have the same problem.
    I can't find anywhere in my manuals exactly what or where the turret adjust switch is, and how to turn it off or "SET" it if is infact "RESET". On this one I was told that diagnostic No. 452.7 should be zero, but I don't exactly know why nor can I actually physically set it to zero while in parameter setting mode.

Any and all advise out there will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07012.jpg   DSC07013.jpg   DSC06636.jpg  

I had a play with the diagnostics and the only thing that stops me changing diagnostics is the program protect key on the control panel.

I didn't need PWE set, I didn't need the e-stop.

"It sat idle for a few years while I was starting up a new business, and now I can't get it out of not ready alarm state."
    Are these yellow cap DC motors? Im thinking you have a shorted motor or two. I've seen this with DC motor machines that sit for a long while. Un hook the motors power leads from the drives and power on, see if you still get the HC alarm. You can also use a megaohmer to check the motors if you have one.