584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question EMCO PC TURN 50 Bench Top Retrofit

I have EMCO PC TURN 50 Bench Top lathe that I would like to upgrade a machine that will run on XP. This machine will only support Windows 98. I would like guidance on the best way to go in this project. I talked to FlashcutCNC and they have a 2 axis package and I can get the add on to controll the turret and the spindle off on functions. Has any one had any experience retrofitting one of the machines? I was told to strip it down to the stepper motors and go from there. Also, I learned that FlashcutCNC will have a USB system out in about 3 months.

Emco PC Turn 50

Please let us know if you ever want to sell your Emco PC Turn 50. Thank you.

my email is [email protected]. I have another pc turn 50 and 2 compact 5 CNC machines. I want to see how this first retrofit goes before a sell one. I have stripped the electronics out of the old turn 50 and I am waiting on a package from FlashcutCNC
    to do the upgrade. They are coming out with a new USB model the end of June. Sounds like it will be a good package.

ron

Need Turn 50 parts and manual

Please send me an email at [email protected] I bought a Turn 50 with an interactive instructor software package but not the original Emco software. Might also be interested in the old parts you pulled out.
    Thanks,

Doug Wilson (Calmissile)