584,830 active members*
5,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tap To Drawings

I am new to this so dont rag me to much, question is how do you change a tap back to a drawing??? or is that possible, i use bobcad versions 12 for a few projects. thanks

I run Bobcad version 20 and in that version I would take a .tap file format and change it to a .txt file format bring into cam side of software go to edit-select all-generate from nc the drawing would now be on the cad side

You don't

If you can't regenerate copy the file into note pad and save as a .txt send me the file and I'll regenerate and send you the file in a .cad I'll need your e-mail address I don't think this site will post a .cad file format

It can be done but it is a lot of work. You can use the gcode to backplot with, but you have to remember it is either the center of the toolpath, or offset one side or the other depending on the code. In my case I knew all my old code was from a cad generated center of tool path and coud then try to decipher what tool I used so as to offset the toolpath to get the original drawing again. Whew! I've been having to do this on all my old programs because from and Windows version of Bobcad on you can read .dgn files. I haven't upgraded to 20 because of this. I sure wish they could figure out a way to get the program to read the dgn files because the backplotting is very time consuming.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Bobcad Version 20 Will Open A .dgn File Format

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    Bobcad Version 20 Will Open A .dgn File Format

Not according to the people in Florida! I have asked them three different times and offered to send them a dgn file. They told me it would not open. Maybe something has changed. Do you have v20? If so, would you be willing to do a dgn file and save it to a .cad file?

Mike

well you know the people at bobcad change by the week I have yet to have the same person call twice I just open 20 and it says .dgn send me the file and I will send you a .cad back if you look at there sales pictch for 21 the are stating that 21 will open .dgn I bet they want you to upgrade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

lakeside, you're not gonna believe this, but I just tried the open and save with v17 and it worked! I have never been able to get them to work, and being as stubborn as I am, I'll have to try some more to be convinced this is the real deal....but this will be great if it does.

Mike