585,902 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > Toyoda FH400J - Memory card & Ethernet

Question Toyoda FH400J - Memory card & Ethernet

Hi, I've got a Toyoda FH400J with more or less no viable documentation regarding this subject so I hope that someone can answer two questions for me if it's not too much of a bother. I would be very grateful.

The machine has an installed memory card reader at the control panel and an ethernet socket at the back just in case. Now I've tried transfering NC programs via the memory card, bought one(8GB) as well as the adapter for the slot so everything fits perfectly but when ever I try to access the card an error says:" memory card is not formatted ".

Despite formatting it on a Windows machine(Fat32) it still says the same so my guess is that it's simply too large in size which is so often the problem with CNC machines. Is that the case here? This is a generic memory card.

My second question which is secondary in terms of importance is regarding the ethernet. We have some short on paper hand written documentation about this, basically I've set it up like this:

CNC :
    IP : 192.168.1.1
    Mask : 255.255.255.0
    USername : generic
    Password : generic

PC :
    IP : 192.168.1.10
    Mask : 255.255.255.0

So far , I am able to ping the CNC machine from the PC successfully.
    I know that I need to run a FTP server software on my PC and I have tried that with FTpZilla server but to no success. The CNC machine actually hangs when I try to make a connection. Ethernet is secondary on my list, it's something I would love to use as far as communication goes but with the lack of any actual documentation I simply cannot get it to work. Any tips or guides on this would be much appreciated!

hello,
    I use a 2G card bought from ebay for 5$ and is working fine (Fanuc 32-i)