584,849 active members*
4,580 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Over travel Z axis

I have a 2005(ish) Sharp SV2412 that has been sitting idle for 2-3 years (I'm new at this company). I'm trying to get the machine back up to a point where it's useable. I've already done all the obvious stuff (oil/coolant flush). I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to home the machine.

When I start the machine up, and switch to zero return mode, I get an "overtravel Z" error and the Z axis position from the machine position menu is +1.9812. I can see that it hasnt tripped the limit switch for home yet - so how do I get it to travel back to the home position? Is there a battery I need to replace for the encoders since the machine has been idle for a number of years?

Power down the control. Hold the P and CAN buttons while starting the control. When it gets to the main screen release the P and CAN. This will temporarily ignore the soft limits so you can home it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Power down the control. Hold the P and CAN buttons while starting the control. When it gets to the main screen release the P and CAN. This will temporarily ignore the soft limits so you can home it.
    That did it. Thanks

Re: Over travel Z axis

Hello everyone, this is a little different issue.
    When running the program normally and when the machine z axis go to tool changer position for the next tool change the machine stays hanging at M6 line and it won’t execute the tool change. I have currently 5 tool changes in this program and it does it randomly and sometimes won’t do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello everyone, this is a little different issue.
    When running the program normally and when the machine z axis go to tool changer position for the next tool change the machine stays hanging at M6 line and it won’t execute the tool change. I have currently 5 tool changes in this program and it does it randomly and sometimes won’t do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for an other fantastic topic. I really like the way you present it. Official website