It has been brought to my attention by several users that contacted me that they are being sold systems with software and being told it is "licensed" software. I may be, but it is not licensed to them . The same license is being used over and over.

If you have bought a table or kit in the last year and the licenses were included or sold to you in a deal, than you need to do the following:

IN MACH3 open the Help about
The person/reseller that bought the license (from MACH) will be listed. If it is certified reseller it will have their name AND an OEM serial number. If it does not have that, it is not a legal license unless it has your name in the box. The lack of a serial number on an OEM reseller indicates it is not your license. At CandCNC we sell MACH3 in our bundles. Even if it is included as part of a special or in a package. it is listed in the description and invoice. We maintain a database of the buyer and the unique OEM ID for that person's license. We can produce those records to MACH if requested and help a customer recover if they lose their license for some reason. There is nothing to keep a reseller from issuing the same OEM license to multiple users but their integrity. If you were sold or promised a MACH3 license. open the HELP /ABOUT and write down the number. If the name does not match your vendor/OEM number or you. than contact that vendor and request that you be sent a valid license. If you have any doubts contact MACH3 and their license manager Scott Nichols and see if the license is legit. If the vendor refuses to issue a legal license ignores you or gives you the run-around than demand a refund of the dollar amount of the licenses. If they refuse, expose them on this forum and others.

There are also some vendors that list the software in the kit, but when you get it you find a DEMO copy (which is free for download by anybody) and you have to buy a license yourself (at least you get a legal one). While not license fraud it should make you mad that someone takes advantage of your ignorance of the process.

SheetCAM is licensed by user. If it does not have your user name/ID in the License information it is NOT your legal license. We buy bulk licenses from SheetCAM to include in our bundles. We buy license "credits" and then we have go on line and register each one to a user. Bottom line is if your SheetCAM license does not have your name in the license ID it is probably not a legal license

This practice of reusing the same license over and over is fraudulent and hurts the buyer, the software companies. and puts honest vendors and resellers at a disadvantage.

While running with a non-legal license may not cause you a problem today, you may find that in the future you cannot upgrade, or your license may drop back to DEMO mode.

At this time I am not going to name the specific vendors/companies and give the scam artists time to either make it right or run and hide.

There are probably other software titles being abused but since we are certified resellers of all the software we sell, we may not see those other abuses.

Please help me protect the CNC community ,the DIY builders and generally great group of honest vendors and users, by reporting any shady tactics.

If you cannot get an answer from your vendor that you paid money to for MACH3 or SheetCAM licensing, you can contact me at the e-mail address below.

TOMcaudle
www.CandCNC.com
[email protected]