585,698 active members*
3,423 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Spare Parts

Spare Parts

Many thanks to Paul G. for giving us a forum for Tree mills.

The two sources of Tree parts that I know of are:
    Ellison Machinery (http://www.ellisonmachinery.com/), though I believe their midwest branch (http://www.ellisonmw.com/) is the one that handles Tree parts.

3 S Incorporated (http://www.3sincorporated.com/), which is run by a bunch of ex-Tree guys who purchased the machine shop, fixtures and equipment from Tree. They stock spare parts and do spindle rebuilds. They also have prints for a number of parts and can replicate spares from scratch if needed. Their prices seem a little better than Ellison as well - Ellison wants $230 for a spindle nose ring while 3S is only charging $175.

Thanks to both of you!

Thanks to Have Blue for taking the lead on setting up this forum and to Paul G. for generously hosting it. I'm a newbie and have been digging high and low for information about my Tree 2UVR mill, so this will be a real asset to me, and others I'm sure.

Best regards,

Bob

cross polinization. more info from recent thread- haveblue.

Thanks for the link, Dan! I've been thinking of digging through the HSM and Practical Machinist forums for Tree info to dump here.

I've found that Ebay is the best place to find Tree collets - SaGe Tool (www.sagetool.com) has a really good selection in their Ebay store (http://stores.ebay.com/SaGe-Machine-Tools). They're used, but in good shape - just bought a pair of collets to help fill out my set.

I talked to the 3 s people today for some tech support. Very cool group and very willing to help out. I would recommend them if you need any sort of help.

I am a very recent owner of a 2 UVR-C - My mentor had one about ten years ago and only agreed to help me if I bought a Tree.

Jason

I'm very happy with 3S as well - ordered my collet retainer ring on Friday and had it on Monday!

Hi! I just registered tonight. I got the link from Practical Machinist, and I think it great that finally TREE is getting some attention somewheres. It's a helluva machine and I wouldn't trade mine for anything[well almost]. Mines a 2UVR in great shape except the power downfeed doesn't work, and I understand theres a cog belt inside that probably broke! Other than that the machine is tight, spent it's life at IBM, and still has frosting on the ways How do you get a full page to post? I'm used to this format, I'll be back!

power knee

Back again, fwiw on e-bay tonight I came across a power knee motor for a TREE Journeyman 300 I believe if that # is correct and the price is cheap but I'm not sure if it is adaptable to one of our mills ! If some one here is interested and knows if it fits go for it, I don't have the money for any upgrades till after April 15! :violin:

Never had to deal with the cogged belt (and I hope the one in my recently acquired 2UVR is okay, but it's probably fine).

14tony ([email protected]) on the PM forum says:
    Inside the gearbox the is a small cogged belt that drives the ouput shaft from the gearbox for the quill down feed. To get to it you have to pull the head motor,varidrive assembly and spindle brake assembly. You can then pull the top cover off the gearbox. Now the fun begins. You will have to just about completly disassemble the gear box to get to it. If all else is working fine and you can live without the downfeed I suggest you leave it alone. If you feel the need to fix it I suggest you you go ahead and do a complete gearbox overhaul while you have it apart. All new bearings and belts.
    As to where to get them, Daryl Bane said:
    If Ellison doesn't have the belts, try
    General Bearing in LA 323- 588-2101,
    Ask for Bob. I replaced all of mine in
    1999, and unfortunately got all of them from Tree, except
    the big one in the top, and I found it at the
    local bearing house.

Hi........I am from 3 S Inc and we have 41 years of Tree Kneemill experiance, we rebuild spindles on all Tree Kneemills and carry huge parts inventory

My phone # 414-570-9530 3 S Inc

Hi,
    I was looking thru the threads and saw people who have TREES. I have 6 of them. 3S is great. I have used them before. If you need boards worked on the guy I use is Lectro Mech Inc. His name is Bruce and his phone # is 313-843-9718. he is kind of hard to get a hold of though. Thanks Don Design Metal

What happened to Mallard?

Does anyone know of and/or what happened to Mallard of Milwaukee?
    A few years back we saw an example of a new Mallard Mill at WESTEC.
    It was a 2URVC that looked very nice. We were told that they had purchased the tooling and spare parts from Tree and were going to start producing the machine. We never saw anymore from them. Don't know if it was just too expensive to compete with the foreign machines as was the HLVH Hardinge.
    Two great machines!

Thanks,
    GR

The best contact for tree parts is:

Bob Norman
    telephone: (847) 487-4353
    fax: (847) 487-4352
    [email protected]
    http://www.zpsusa.com/contact.html

Bob was Tree's Service Manager and ZPS built the machine...

Hope this helps,
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Tree Machine Tool Co. is in business.

Visit www.treecnc.com for details of the history, transaction and the machines currently being built.

TREE CNC is the only authorized Source for Service and Genuine Replacement Components from the Original Manufacturer of the Tree Journeyman CNC Mills.
    Parts, manuals and information on Tree Journeyman CNC milling machines.

Machine Tool Marketing, a U.S. company, acquired Tree Machine Tool Co.'s assets late in 2006 and is building certain models of machines, particularly the J-425 CNC Journeyman milling machine. The company has been relocated to Michigan.

Tel: (810) 225-2440
    Fax: (810) 225-2441

Email: [email protected]

Nice machines..hope they can do it this time !

Adobe (old as dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by jason - H View Post
    I talked to the 3 s people today for some tech support. Very cool group and very willing to help out. I would recommend them if you need any sort of help.

I am a very recent owner of a 2 UVR-C - My mentor had one about ten years ago and only agreed to help me if I bought a Tree.

Jason

I OWN 2 TREE MILL THE 2UVR-C NC .I HAVE MANUALS AND SCHEMATICS AND PARTS FOR THIS MACHINE. I DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS MACHINE.I HAVE RUNNING THESE MACHINE FOR OVER 25 YEARS. I HAD A FRIEND THAT WAS A TREE TECH AND TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT THIS MACHINE.I LOVE TO HELP YOU PLEASE CALL:661-272-1288 OE E-MAIL AT [email protected]

BERNARD WILLIAMS