585,991 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

parallel port

Will of course when i get a job and it has a tight dead line EVERY think craps out LOL

My PC that runs my 1100 crapped out, A friend hooked me up with another PC (trying to get a hold of him) and when i installed mach 3 and go to run my 1100 it is not working. I think it is the parallel port thing because my red light is not on, on the 1100 panel so i do not think it is reading it. I not really good with this type of thing and just wondering if anyone could help me. If you want to PM me your number maybe it would be easier over the phone or if you know of a good web sight. I tried to look on the mach web sight but could not really find any info. I do not have internet yet in my shop so i will try to keep checking back as I'm trying to fix this myself, i hope

Mach3 defaults to a parallel port with an address of 378. If your new PC is on a different address, it won't work. You can set the new address using the PCNC config utility Tormach has on their site. That's where'd I'd start.
    What type of PC is it? Windows XP?

JC now my x limit switch went LOL OMG! Does anyone know the part ####

It is a dell optiplex 745 just like the last one. I looked at the port number in mach and it is set to 378

I bought the machine used with a PC that ran the machine but the guy CAM-ed on it and ran the machine at the same time. And from what i read you should only have a PC dedicated to the PCNC so my friend hook me up with a dell optiplex 745 and i hooked that one up with no problems and ran good for awhile until the motherboard went. Then that one crapped out and he got me another one just like it. So now i just hooked up the original one and I'm running the machine with at one for now.

Found the Tormach part number for the switch but does any one know if i can replace that with a different make switch, I maybe would like to find it locally because of time. Maybe specs on the switch??

I found the problem. The old PC was 32 bit and this one is 64 bit and Mach 3 needs to be 32 bit

So change in plans now